I've run into this a few times lately. It's not happening at this moment, but it's annoying because the tasbkar (set to auto-hide) won't show back up. I'll have take note of exactly what I was doing to see if I can trigger it manually.
I thuink I know what happened to cause windows logon each time I view a password. Note: I never had to enter a password in the past because I never had a windows logon!
I recently created a Skype account which somehow required me to create a windows logon acct. After that, the entire browsing of passwords in Opera changed, for the worse. This must have caused it. They also made me put money into an acct, which I now cannot get back. Bastards.
No system password? I suppose you might still be using Windows 7, later versions almost require one.
Known issue, though, and dozens of threads on the topic. It is a bug in the underlying Chromium engine and is fixed in the upcoming Opera 50 (currently in Beta). As such, thread closed.
Had the same problem. It was corrected by ticking the box for hardware acceleration in Settings. I had that unticked for some other reason, which no doubt will arise again and bother me. Curiously, RadioGarden works in Chrome without having hardware acceleration.
Nope, not really. Cf https://cesiumjs.org/tutorials/cesium-up-and-running/
Thank you for that. Before opera 30+, I always backed up the password file from the appdata directory. Since then, I have been backing up the same data not knowing that the entire directory scheme had changed. Nothing I read in Opera discussed what to backup.
I did a password import today and the settings/passwords file now shows my 50+ entries, I have no idea from what date as the import function simply went 'zip' and it was done. Not knowing where it found the recovery password file, I can assume it came from the Opera 12 data, which means about 90% passwords must be invalid. Yes-going to be a royal PITA in the future.
I went ahead and changed my W* password to blanks to see if the settings/passwords data is changed. and they are still the same after the import. After Opera restart they are still all the same so it looks like the W8 password field isn't part of the saved Chrome password manager. Or Maybe the change doesn't happen until a system restart is performed.
For the record, I am a former computer systems engineer, now retired. I worked on all these types of problems for 40 years and it seems the job isn't finished yet. So much nonsense to have to deal with.
I tell people that most of the internet was written by children.
Those are good questions. I had to look at my "Private Firewall" app, and I have all my browsers set to do no checking. The behavior appears as if there is no memory available for each block and a delay sets in until more memory is fetched, when finally there is sufficient memory so the speed levels off. That is all I can think of.
I do not have anything else running in the background, except Windows Defender.
Hello. Please know that you have two options to get to your bookmarks easier. The first is getting the bookmark sidebar add on, and the second is moving folders to the bookmark bar. I haven't been with opera for that long, but feel like it has improved alot since 2011 (used it on a public pc)