Opera browser is failing to display synbols for Clubs Hearts Diamonds and Spades.
Checking with Firefox they are shown.
I have tried identical fonts to those used by Firefox in Opera - however this changes nothing at all and i still cannot see these characters which are shown as blanks.
Let's talk about latest and greatest in Opera world: experimental builds, beta and developer versions
New update - Opera beta 66.0.3515.7 ;-)
The change log, and the announcement.
Some changes, fixes and improvements:
- DNA-81884 [Advanced content blocking] Ads are blocked for whitelisted page in Incognito.
- DNA-82342 ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED, when trying to use Opera VPN while Pulse Secure is suspended.
- DNA-82473 https://www.nba.com/standings not working with AdBlocker enabled.
- DNA-82557 Address bar drop-down launches HTTP GETs for every autocomplete.
- DNA-82840 Disable favicon fetching for typed URLs.
- DNA-82515 [Mac] Right-aligned address field icons overlap with left-aligned icons while resizing window.
- DNA-82825 Crash at opera::stats::PageViewStatsReporterImpl::ReportPageViewEvent(content::WebContents*, opera::stats::NavigationEvent const&, opera::stats::WindowTabInfo const&).
Chromium has been updated to version 79.0.3945.56.
Is there some feature you would love see added to Opera browser on computer? Let us know!
in iPhone (ios) opera application, please give option of keeping home button permanently, instead of the search button on the task bar. when tapping on the search button, it brings up the keyboard on half of the screen, which covers half of the screen bookmarks, making it hard to use the bookmarks. Android has a different version of opera. i did not see this problem there. search button is not needed, because if you tap on the address bar, same action happens, as tapping on the search button. please give option of keeping the home button on the task bar permanently instead of the search button. it will make it easier using opera on the iPhone. thank you.
Hi @peejay, the announcement mentioned above is updated now, and it's mainly security update:
"This build includes fixes for chromium security issues CVE-2019-13720 and CVE-2019-13721."
The official statement on that matter: "it wasn't mentioned in initial post, but we got those two security fixes into 64.0.3417.92" - the source link.
Thanks for all of your replies!
Luckily I've found a solution myself by fiddling around:
In the left sidebar where the folders etc. are listed I hovered over the "title" (mail address) of each account. A wrench symbol appears.
After clicking on the wrench symbol, I chose "IMAP folders"
Now this finally seemed to trigger Opera Mail to connect to the IMAP server again (in order to download the list of folders, I guess) because as soon as I did this, my new mail for the said account started to pour in
Repeat 1-3 for the other accounts
Everything seems to work as it did before now. If I click on the Check/Send button I also have the status bar appearing again
I'm very happy that this could be sorted out because I'm dangerously dependant on this stuff working...
Even after I changed User agent:
--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.90 Safari/537.36"
I still only manage to download the 32-bit offline installer!