@sgunhouse So I will have to take the matter to facebook?
I used other browsers on another machine to test it and the autofill at facebook doesn't list those adresses, but another one I am not using for facebook. So I assume it may be information stored on that particular computer.
Is there a way to read out the actual information stored in cookies in opera?
The last version of Opera with built-in email in Linux was Opera 12.16. Keep in mind, "built in email" is only a mail client - you would need to have a mail server to have an actual email address. Though a mail client can connect to gmail's server so that you keep the same address but read mail on your computer instead of in the Gmail webmail. But as you can guess, Opera 12.16 is ancient and probably can't communicate with Gmail anyway ...
There are a number of other mail clients in Linux, and if you really do want to get away from gmail there are any number of free email services you can use instead.
How can I disable Auto-Update?
In Opera's installation folder (Menu > Help > About Opera for the path), find the folder with the current build and rename the auto updater executable file inside it.
Type the following into a terminal:
defaults write com.operasoftware.Opera OPDisableAutoUpdate true
Posting about your problem
After have done the steps above and confirmed that the problem is most probably in Opera, it's time to post about it.
Start the topic with a title that briefly describe the problem so people will know about what this is about.
Don't try to explain all the problem in the title.
Use tags to make it easy for other users to find posts about similar issues. If posting about Opera Mail then add the 'Opera Mail' tag
In the post (body) you should include the following information:
Your OS (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Your version of Opera
If the problem is with a page, a link to it
A screen-shot of the problem if it's related to something not showing as should
A description of the problem, including as much as information as possible
Steps to (try to) reproduce the issue
Expected behavior and actual one
New update - Opera stable 57.0.3098.102 ;-)
The change log, and the announcement.
Some of the fixes:
- DNA-74033 Crash at BrowserProcessImpl::Unpin().
- DNA-74077 Crash at base::Value::Value(base::flat_map const&).
- DNA-74180 [Mac] Crash at opera::BrowserSidebarItemViewViews::UpdateTooltip().
- DNA-74346 Fix performance problems with extensions blocking feature.
Yes, but with the extension installed - (IDM, Don't care about Cookies, Easy bookmarks, enhancer for YouTube)
I did for testing perposes deactivate the above apps. No change.
Opera Developer 59.0.3160.0
The same problems are with Opera 57
OK, so slightly strangely, There are no BGP announcements for the parent network - 188.8.131.52/22. It announces each of the /24's in the /22 separately. Not efficient, but common.
Ok, so this (Opera owns HERN) changes nothing major directly.
But it's clear that OPERA owns IPs IN THE US, including: 184.108.40.206/21, 220.127.116.11/22, 18.104.22.168/22. Proof. It COULD use one to host the Americas VPN IP (exit node). How much work that would be is hard to say from here, but Opera's, for example, 10 Gbps peering connection in DC (Ashburn) suggests not much.
I can just imagine what that will be like. Opera touch does not handle landscape orientation very well. nor is it especially good on larger screens (tablets). I have a "2-in 1" (tablet with attached folding keyboard) and I did try Touch, but stick to the regular browser. (Besides - I think he wants to connect his phone and Chromebook, you can't connect Touch on two separate devices - only Touch to desktop.)