@djusth Although I like Opera, I don't like the automatic updates. In addition to taking away my control, the automatic updates aways leave me with a new problem to contend with. Restarting after I quit the application is just the latest problem that arose after an automatic update. Since it is not a serious problem, you would think that a fix would be simple and easy. Good luck to you, djusth, whichever direction you go.
New Opera's flag #fast-tab-tooltip - disabled (work in progress)
Shows a tooltip with tab information upon tab hover.
The flags enabled in this build (ready to test it):
Some changes, fixes and improvements:
- DNA-91933 [Context menu] My Flow available in context menu if Sidebar disabled.
- DNA-93103 History search box eats characters.
- DNA-93969 Sidebar extensions ‘+’ icon button is not clickable.
- DNA-94219 Conference popup steals focus after opening a new tab.
- DNA-94259 Player doesn’t pause music when joining Google Meet.
- DNA-94291 Video conference pop-out doesn't remember its size after resizing.
- DNA-94308 Switch to nth tab (Ctrl+1-9) shortcuts no longer work properly with Workspaces.
- DNA-94419 opera: protocol visible in the address field on Pinboards page.
- DNA-94450 Google Meet is not working.
- DNA-94500 vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za doesn’t work with Opera UA,
- DNA-94516 Add ‘Detach tab’ entry to Tab menu.
- DNA-94510 Sidebar messengers get smaller every time they’re opened.
- DNA-94448 [Mac] add your wallpapers option is resizing Opera window.
- DNA-94513 [Mac Snap] Snapshot tool doesn't capture selected area.
- DNA-94462 [Win] low quality of default wallpaper.
- DNA-94506 [Linux] menu border has a thick black edge with hardware acceleration on.
- Info about 2 crash fixes and other changes in the change log.
Is there some feature you would love see added to Opera browser on computer? Let us know!
Right now, you can only create multiple profiles by going into the files nad creating new shortcuts, but it would be much easier if there was a built in functionality to switch profiles inside of the browser and create new ones also.
Recently I started using opera and I have a good experience while using it. Before using I am a little bit confused but When while using I test its features like a built-in ad blocker, battery saver, VPN, etc. I am enjoying now using opera.
@justfothen I agree. The lack of this Tab feature in Opera is the number one reason that I do not use it as my go to browser on Windows. Nor do I promote it for use on windows. As I do primarily use it on my Android devices.