Please follow these rules when participating in the Opera forums:
- Search before adding a new post or thread to see if the topic has already been covered.
- Post in the correct forum.
- Use a descriptive and relevant title for new threads. Try to use at least three words in the thread title.
- Be clear and concise when describing the problem. Be specific and remember to include important details, such as the exact error message or address of the site you're having trouble with.
- Stay on topic. Don't hijack other people's threads.
- Don’t write in all caps; and leave swearing, rudeness and flaming at the door.
- Don't post the same thing more than once.
- Read the announcements in each forum, and pay attention to announcement threads.
If you have a problem with someone, contact that person directly instead of starting a flame war.
Moderators will deal with messages that violate the forum rules by closing threads or deleting or editing messages. Very serious or repeated offenses can lead to a permanent ban from the site. The moderator will usually leave a note as to why the message was moderated. If you disagree with the moderation, contact a moderator directly rather than posting in the forum.
By following these rules, you will increase your chances of getting a useful response and make it easier for other people to help you. Well-formed threads also make it easier for others to search for information later.