Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update

• @kened They already said that it was removed due to incompatibility with the new address bar.

• @leocg: It was removed definitely?

• "DNA-80584 Closing active tab – the last active tab should be shown" still does not work if the active tab was opened by clicking a link in an external program (e-mail client, usenet client, external pdf-reader ...). Instead the focus goes to the last tab on the far right.
    W10x64, Operax64

• @kened Don't know but I don't think it will return soon.

• When you want to add a bookmark and click to select the folder appears two scrolls and you have to scroll to find the button is ready:
    Please fix it.
    Note:
    You need to have more than ten sub folders to appear two scrolls.
    https://imgur.com/WbCdASo
    https://imgur.com/8a2sQfG

And Will 2 sidebars be combined in Opera like Opera GX?
    https://imgur.com/undefined

• @firuz-u7 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

When you want to add a bookmark and click to select the folder appears two scrolls and you have to scroll to find the button is ready:

Mentioned the poor design to Opera. Hopefully they will make it better.

However, do note that you don't have to click the done/ready button. The bookmark is saved automatically when you click the heart icon. Clicking a different folder just moves it (automatically). All the done/ready button does is close the dialog, which you can do the same by just clicking outside the dialog. As in, the done/ready button is just a "close dialog" button that you don't really need to see.

• @burnout426 said:

@firuz-u7 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

When you want to add a bookmark and click to select the folder appears two scrolls and you have to scroll to find the button is ready:

However, do note that you don't have to click the done/ready button. The bookmark is saved automatically when you click the heart icon. Clicking a different folder just moves it (automatically). All the done/ready button does is close the dialog, which you can do the same by just clicking outside the dialog. As in, the done/ready button is just a "close dialog" button that you don't really need to see.

Это понятно но дела привычки и еще когда хочу папку выбрать прокручивать очень не удобна потому что есть две полосы прокрутки и иногда один прокручиваю иногда другой.
    https://imgur.com/WbCdASo

И у Opera GX обе боковые панели объединены а в обычной Opera надо открывать вторую боковую панель чтобы использовать расширения для боковой панели .
    https://imgur.com/undefined

• @burnout426 said:

@firuz-u7 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

This is understandable, but it’s a matter of habit, and even when I want to select the scroll folder, it’s not very convenient because there are two scroll bars and sometimes one scrolls sometimes the other.
    Https://imgur.com/WbCdASo

And Opera GX has both side panels combined, but in regular Opera you need to open the second side panel to use extensions for the side panel.
    Https://imgur.com/undefined

Sorry, I wrote in Russian

• @burnout426 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

done/ready button is just a "close dialog"

I thought this is a chromium's limitation and can't be changed, but in Vivaldi it works logical/correctly: if I don't press 'done' button, bookmarks won't be added.

• @firuz-u7 English here please

• @leocg said:

@firuz-u7 English here please

This is understandable, but it’s a matter of habit, and even when I want to select the scroll folder, it’s not very convenient because there are two scroll bars and sometimes one scrolls sometimes the other.
    Https://imgur.com/WbCdASo

And Opera GX has both side panels combined, but in regular Opera you need to open the second side panel to use extensions for the side panel.
    Https://imgur.com/undefined

Sorry, I wrote in Russian

• Finally, we have one side bar, thank you, so can I have hope for option to move it on the right side ?, and, can something be done with "wyślij do mojego flow" to make it shorter.

• @andrew84 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

@burnout426 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

done/ready button is just a "close dialog"

I thought this is a chromium's limitation and can't be changed, but in Vivaldi it works logical/correctly: if I don't press 'done' button, bookmarks won't be added.

Yes, I think Vivaldi's way makes more sense. Vivaldi's UI is a giant web page, so when you click on the bookmark icon, I don't think you're invoking the add bookmark function directly, which allows Vivaldi to not invoke the real function until you (the user) really chooses to actually save the bookmark.

• @burnout426 said in Opera 66.0.3475.0 developer update:

Vivaldi's way makes more sense

I also like that in Vivaldi the 'Clear browsing Data' popup is standalone (opens without the Settings page appearing first)

• Dear Opera, how about posibility to adding custom websites to the left side-bar (mobile or desktop version)? It will be great to pin Twitter, or Instagram, for example. Something like Messenger, or Whatsapp. Do you have any plans for it? I will be grateful for your response.

• Just happened that Opera was locked into a fullscreen mode (Linux Mint/Cinnamon, latest). Neither Esc nor F11 helped to cancel it; Ctrl-Q-ing out was possible, but Opera re-started fullscreen (– and I mean fullscreen, not maximized!).

The way to go was either to lose the current session deleting Current Session file from profile – or hacking that file with an hex-editor, changing the .state value in the setWindowBounds3 record (type 0x0E) from 0x05 to 0x01 (and adjusting .width and .height int32's a little) and thus keeping the session.

• @xantares i tried to reproduced this bug playing a youtube video in fullscreen mode. Now i'm stuck in fullscreen mode. Can you tell me more specifically where can i find this .state value in Current Session file?

• @xantares Oh! never mind, escaped by deleting Current Session file.

• @intek13x Right. That's the easy way to cope with the issue, if you don't need to keep your session.