Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

How can I Install Opera for all users?

• Opera's default installation is just for one user. How can I install Opera so that anyone using the computer in any user account can access it without installing Opera separately for each user? If I have to change to installation folder could please give instructions on how to do so.
    Thanks in advance.

• In the installer, click on Options. You will have choices for type of install (All users, single user, or standalone), install location, etc.

If you select "All users", the default install directory will be C:\Program Files\Opera Software\ (or the equivalent given your locale - Windows changes it based on your language). If you have a previous install which is not "All users" then it will not overwrite that install (as it is in a different location) ... it might be a good idea to uninstall the previous version first, so that you don't get confused by the two different copies. (If asked, leave your profile/settings so that the new install will find them when you run Opera under your account.)

Of course, to make an "All users" install Windows will require administrator access - if you can't get such access (via the usual dialog) then don't bother; have someone who can get administrator access install it for you. (I presume you can get access, I am just being thorough.)

• @sgunhouse
    That choice is greyed out. Don't sweat it. There are too many other browsers out there that install for all users with no worries. Thanks.

• It is grayed out because you're pointing the location at the previous install - it won't let you change the install type until you change the install directory. After you change that, you will be able to choose All users (and then also change the directory to the default - so what you change the directory to at first doesn't really matter much.

• @sgunhouse said in How can I Install Opera for all users?:

It is grayed out because you're pointing the location at the previous install - it won't let you change the install type until you change the install directory. After you change that, you will be able to choose All users (and then also change the directory to the default - so what you change the directory to at first doesn't really matter much.

Thanks for sharing useful post here.