Opera GX - Update Released!
themaciekk Opera last edited by themaciekk
This is a short summary of changes in the latest updates.
LVL 1 (core: 63.0.3368.55362) – 2019-09-18
- [NEW] Network limiter shows limits in both bytes and bits. Dropdown will show you: 1 MB/s - 8 Mbps.
- [FIX] Network limiter values were not synchronised between windows.
- [FIX] Scrollbar in extensions was not pretty enough.
- [FIX] Yandex search box looks good again.
- [FIX] Game deals were not showing platforms.
- [FIX] Various switches inside Opera GX got unified so they all look equally good.
In addition there are various changes to improve look and feel as well as other little improvements and stability fixes.
LVL 1 (core: 63.0.3368.54979) – 2019-09-11
There are two brand new features in this update: Network Limiter and Release Calendar. Let's start with Network Limiter. You will find it in the GX Control panel along with CPU and Memory Limiter. It allows you to set the maximum download and upload speed that Opera GX can achieve. Values are expressed in MB/s and KB/s which is pretty reasonable measurement when we're talking about download and upload. However when you perform network speed tests (for instance: speedtest.net) results are expressed in Mbps and Kbps, which are bits not bytes. There are 8 bits in each byte so 1 MB/s = 8 Mbps (more info).
GX Corner gets an update. There's a new section called Release Calendar, which features upcoming game releases from various platforms. We think it's handy widget that will save you quite a bit of time.
LVL 1 (core: 63.0.3368.54789) – 2019-09-06
We are proud to announce that Opera GX won Red Dot award for its unique user interface and we counted over 1M downloads so far.
This is the first build based on Opera 63. It introduces more GX changes as well as new features that come with Opera 63. For instance you can enjoy improved snapshot tool with highlight and text tool as well as an option to save screenshots as PDFs.
- [NEW] Twitch now features two layouts: grid and list view
- [FIX] Improved network code to make Twitch snappier
You might have also spotted core versions: 63.0.3368.66, 63.0.3368.71. We were not happy with them. They're not coming back.
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.132) – 2019-08-20
- [NEW] Add brightness level to chroma support
- [FIX][Settings] Fix missing slider and disappearing Color Picker
- [FIX] Make addressbar sounds use gx volume pref
- [FIX] Video pop-out blocks the 'Quit Opera?' dialog
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.117) – 2019-08-07
- [NEW][GX Corner] Scores on game deals
- [FIX][Twitch] Make things look better
- [FIX][Twitch] Broken toggle button view when disabled in twitch settings
- [FIX][Twitch] Unnecessary background color on focused/selected in settings
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.105) – 2019-08-01
- [NEW] Stream title and game info (image and tooltip) added along with two different display options
- [NEW] New configuration screen for integrated Twitch with convenient option to turn of notification sound
- [NEW] Typing sound in addressbar, plus configuration if you want to remain in silent mode
- [FIX] No warning notification on quitting Opera with multiple tabs open after update
- [FIX] Feedback button background not covering whole text
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.96) – 2019-07-23
Improved GX Control - new slider allows better control over memory and CPU limits. It also looks pretty cool!
- [NEW][GX Control] New sliders that allow better control over limits
- [NEW] Add more GX easy setup preferences to options page
- [NEW] Updated style for instant search
- [FIX] Set as default text have ugly shadow
- [FIX] 16GB ram visible as 15.93GB
- [FIX] Change RAM toggle to 0.25 GB
- [FIX] On browser restart limiters show values in the middle of the slider
- [FIX] Error in extensions page Could not find value for isGX, [undefined] (isGX) is not a boolean
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.81) – 2019-07-16
- [FIX] Sound bar slider not synced with easy setup (except value)
- [FIX] Switching between color picker modes not synced
- [FIX] Fix appearance of GX corner badges
- [FIX] String in Russian translation is too long for the Feedback button
- [FIX] Crash at opera::`anonymous namespace''::IsMondayTab
LVL1 (core: 62.0.3331.52) – 2019-07-04
- [NEW] Upgrade to Opera Stable 62 version
- [NEW] Add an option to move GX Corner icon to the sidebar
- [NEW] Add/reflect GX settings added to easy setup to opera:settings
- [NEW] Allow to click and move color sliders
- [NEW] Add GX snap stickers
- [FIX] Allow to choose color in advanced mode by click and move pointer
- [FIX] Spellcheck doesn't work
- [FIX] No sounds on toggle buttons in settings
- [FIX] When moving down a tab to create a new window the GX corner activates instead of this tab
- [FIX] Flashing progress bar in installer
- [FIX] Move enabling/disabling Twitch Sidebar to Easy Setup
- [FIX][Twitch] Delay on Twitch on low-latency
- [FIX][GX Control] Limiters set thresholds are not saved when limiters enabled and disabled
- [FIX][GX Control] Ram limiter settable limits are wrong for odd and non total values
- [FIX][GX Control] Volume setting is not applied for GX Control
- [FIX][GX Control] Sounds settings are not respected
- [FIX] Color picker from easy setup not synced with settings
- [FIX] Click and move in picker broken after moving cursor from easy setup to settings page
LVL1 (core: 60.0.3255.51199) – 2019-06-26
- [FIX] Fix installer translations
- [FIX] Crash at opera::ExtensionBrowserSidebarItemContentViewViews::GetView()
- [FIX] Update Opera GX information in add remove programs
- [FIX] Enabling force mode in GX control sets limit to 100MB rather than 100%
- [FIX] Color picker in the settings page does not work
- [FIX][Twitch] Show all observed channels, show active first
- [FIX][Twitch] Some channel links do not match their names and thus don't work when clicked
- [FIX][Twitch] Add filter field for followed channels
- [FIX][Twitch] Update the sidebar state after logout
- [FIX][Twitch] Do not close Twitch sidebar after logging out
LVL1 (core: 60.0.3255.50962) – 2019-06-14
- [FIX] Opera unpins from the task bar
- [FIX] Ugly 1 px line between address bar and bookmarks bar
- [FIX] Disabling Razer Chroma spawns small windows
- [FIX] Cannot open easy setup when Razer Chrome is enabled with closed Razer Synapse
- [FIX] [Twitch] Twitch sidebar UI not refreshed after logging in
- [FIX] [Twitch] Unable to see any observed channels after logging in when any followed channel is suspended/banned
- [UPDATE] Update wallpapers
Thanks for all the feedback, both here on the forum and submitted via the "Feedback" button. We can't respond to every single comment, but we're carefully reading them all and they help us focus on right tasks.
ps. thread cleaned to treat this post as a pure changelog.