Opera Mini 8.0.5 for iOS [update]
We’re more than happy to announce that the long-awaited Opera Mini 8 for iOS is finally out!
At a first glance, you’ll see a completely redesigned UI. Along with the new looks is a new compression mode - Opera Turbo. Enjoy full web browsing and all your favorite dynamic pages, while still seeing data savings of up to 50%. Not enough for you and you want to save even more? Or, perhaps you’re roaming? Don’t worry, you can still use the classic Opera Mini compression and get up to 90% of savings.
So, besides a new look and brand-new compression, what’s new?
- Discover feature - You’ll never be bored online again, even if you just have a couple of minutes to spare waiting in line.
- QR-code reader - Finally, there’s no need for a dedicated app to read QR codes or scan bar codes.
- Themes - Select the theme that suits your device and your mood.
We have built Opera Mini 8 around the “on-the-go” concept. This means we’ve worked hard to make it usable with just one hand. Features including pull down to search and a virtual joystick are just some of the things we have added to make it possible.
Download Opera Mini 8 for iOS and give it a try!
Happy browsing, wherever you are!
P.S.: There are more cool features to discover for yourself - try Opera Mini today!
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.1
This little update brings:
- stability improvements
- performance improvements (we're not done yet)
- fix for occasional bug breaking the virtual joystick
- single column view is back (available for Opera Mini mode only)
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.2
This time we're including the following:
- zoom and text wrap options are back in iPhone and iPod Touch when using the Opera Mini data-saving mode. Toggle this in the data-savings menu by tapping Advanced Settings…
- you can now double tap and hold, then drag up or down to zoom in all data-savings modes (previously unavailable in Opera Mini mode)
- improved various UI elements
- tweaked pop-up blocker
- reduced memory usage
- limited page reloading
- fixed minor stability and performance issues
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.3
This brand new version comes with:
- “Define” option added to context menu in Opera Mini mode
- Fixed some UI glitches
- Improved startup performance
- Reduced memory usage
- Private tab related issues
- Fixed minor stability and performance issues
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.4
This update brings first round of iOS 8 related fixes
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.5
Another update another set of changes for iOS 8:
- Fixed problem with playing videos.
- Fixed crash when uploading files on iPad.
- Fixed geolocation support.