Posts made by themaciekk
Become a beta testerOpera Touch
Opera Touch is opened for beta testing! If you wish to test out the latest version, try out upcoming changes, help improve the application and give earlier feedback just join the beta testing program.
How to join the beta program:
- Open Google Play and find Opera Touch.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap I'M IN button.
New version of Opera Touch will be downloaded. You will see that you're beta tester. Your feedback will not be visible to other users.
You can leave the beta testing program anytime you want.
RE: SPAM in extension reviewsOpera add-ons
We are aware of spam problem. There's a plan already to address that issue. It's in the to-do queue. Addons team has quite a long list of items (also internally) to do.
Inability to respond to comments is frustrating, we've been there... I believe that we'll be able to address that somehow as well.
Opera Mini 9.2 for iOS [update]iOS
Opera Mini 9 for iOS rolled out today. This version pushes Opera Mini further as an interesting browser choice for iPhone and iPad users because of video boost.
Video boost is the star of this version. It’s a “have a cookie and eat the cookie” feature. User not only saves on video data usage but also virtually eliminates the annoying buffering wheel of frustration. Under the hood you’ll find SkyFire’s Rocket Optimizer doing all the hard work.
We didn’t stop there, new version comes with:
- UI and performance improvements
- plus button on the speed dial to easily add your favourite sites
- ability to edit existing speed dials items
- all-new fancy data gauge which is gyro-based
Download the new Mini and start watching online clips, they won’t watch themselves you know
[update] Opera Mini 9.1
This before-Xmas update includes:
- Open links in Opera Mini from other applications
- Easily search for content of your clipboard
- Open urls stored in clipboard with one tap
- Share links and content right from context menu
- Stability improvements
- Performance tweaks, especially visible on slower devices
[update] Opera Mini 9.2
This is what you should look for in the new version:
- Open new tabs easily by dragging the tabs button upwards
- Search more simply now that Opera Mini keeps your search term in the address and search bar
- Recommend Opera Mini to your friends from the settings menu
- Smoother page scrolling
- Another set of stability and performance improvements
Opera Mini 8.0.5 for iOS [update]iOS
We’re more than happy to announce that the long-awaited Opera Mini 8 for iOS is finally out!
At a first glance, you’ll see a completely redesigned UI. Along with the new looks is a new compression mode - Opera Turbo. Enjoy full web browsing and all your favorite dynamic pages, while still seeing data savings of up to 50%. Not enough for you and you want to save even more? Or, perhaps you’re roaming? Don’t worry, you can still use the classic Opera Mini compression and get up to 90% of savings.
So, besides a new look and brand-new compression, what’s new?
- Discover feature - You’ll never be bored online again, even if you just have a couple of minutes to spare waiting in line.
- QR-code reader - Finally, there’s no need for a dedicated app to read QR codes or scan bar codes.
- Themes - Select the theme that suits your device and your mood.
We have built Opera Mini 8 around the “on-the-go” concept. This means we’ve worked hard to make it usable with just one hand. Features including pull down to search and a virtual joystick are just some of the things we have added to make it possible.
Download Opera Mini 8 for iOS and give it a try!
Happy browsing, wherever you are!
P.S.: There are more cool features to discover for yourself - try Opera Mini today!
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.1
This little update brings:
- stability improvements
- performance improvements (we're not done yet)
- fix for occasional bug breaking the virtual joystick
- single column view is back (available for Opera Mini mode only)
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.2
This time we're including the following:
- zoom and text wrap options are back in iPhone and iPod Touch when using the Opera Mini data-saving mode. Toggle this in the data-savings menu by tapping Advanced Settings…
- you can now double tap and hold, then drag up or down to zoom in all data-savings modes (previously unavailable in Opera Mini mode)
- improved various UI elements
- tweaked pop-up blocker
- reduced memory usage
- limited page reloading
- fixed minor stability and performance issues
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.3
This brand new version comes with:
- “Define” option added to context menu in Opera Mini mode
- Fixed some UI glitches
- Improved startup performance
- Reduced memory usage
- Private tab related issues
- Fixed minor stability and performance issues
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.4
This update brings first round of iOS 8 related fixes
[update] Opera Mini 8.0.5
Another update another set of changes for iOS 8:
- Fixed problem with playing videos.
- Fixed crash when uploading files on iPad.
- Fixed geolocation support.