How to change Opera cache and profile directories

• I am running Opera 36 (build 36.0.2130.65) under Windows 10 and I would like to move Opera's Cache directory. With Opera 12 I could do that by editing operaprefs.ini.

Is there a way to do this with Opera 36?

• You can do it using command lines. Do a search for Chromium command lines on the Web.

• I found command switches at:

http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

So I tried changing the command line to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --disk-cache-dir "d:\opera-cache"

However, Opera still appears to use the default directory, which I guess is:

C:\Users\herman\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable

At least, I am unable to change its name while Opera is running - Windows tells me an application has the folder open.

I also noticed that, on startup, Opera adds a new tab with a listing of the d:\opera-cache directory

Any further ideas?

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --disk-cache-dir "d:\opera-cache"

Try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --disk-cache-dir="d:\opera-cache"

• Thanks leocg, that did the trick. I can now rename the old directory, and the date/time stamp on the new one changed when I restarted Opera.

• Note that if you start Opera in any other way, such as if a mail program calls it, then the above will not be in effect. There is a Registry setting that you have to make to cover that situation.

It's too bad Opera doesn't have this built into Settings.

• what about the other part of question

• How to change Opera cache "and profile directories"

How do I move my opera profle to say D:\Opera ?

• How do I move my opera profle to say D:\Opera ?

Did you read this topic?

• Hi All, am new here. My first post.

I'm not sure how to use the chromium switches listed at the top of this post. Is that done by opening a DOS prompt?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.