Tips for using Opera's forums
Change your avatar using Gravatar...
WordPress created Gravatar, or globally recognized avatar, as an avatar API that works across many sites on the web. You can easily set up a Gravatar at http://www.gravatar.com/. Look for the big create your own Gravatar button to get started.
When creating your Gravatar account, be sure to use the same email address you used to open your Opera account. If you already have a Gravatar account, you can add an additional email address (the one you've associated with Opera) to assign a new Gravatar in the Opera forums.
...or upload your own avatar
Along with switching to new forums, we added the possibility to upload your own avatar on the Edit Profile page.
Report spam and flag posts
You can help us keep the forums useful and friendly to everyone by reporting/flagging spam or inappropriate posts. Click the ellipsis icon to the right of any post and select Flag this post for moderation. The forum moderators will look into the issue and take action, if needed.
Manage forum notifications
Opera is happy to notify you of any activity on your favorite boards. The forums can even send you email notifications, so you can better monitor threads.
- From the forums, click your avatar in the upper-right corner and then select Settings.
- You can set your preferences and receive email or pop-up notifications whenever a new activity occurs in the forums. Tick the appropriate boxes and click Save changes.
Delete your account
If you wish to remove your account, you can request that Opera deletes it by navigating to http://auth.opera.com/. Select the delete my account link.
Use basic Markdown
|What you type||What it looks like|
|[the forums](http://forums.opera.com)||the forums|
|- List item
- List item
- List item
|> Block of quoted text||
Block of quoted text
|Use four spaces at the beginning of each line to indicate a block of pre-formatted text, such as code samples.||
Avoid common Markdown problems
- Add a blank line before and after paragraphs, lists, quotes or blocks of pre-formatted text.
- Use a single Enter between list items.
- You may have to escape characters that have special meaning to Markdown by adding a backslash.
The forums support more Markdown syntax. For a complete guide on how to format Markdown, click here.