YouTube/Google is also Tracking Incognito in Opera!
KuRe last edited by
I have discovered that Google (well YouTube) is tracking search results in Opera also and they are currently going into a lawsuit for this with their Chrome.
I am being constantly recommended videos on YouTube which I have watched in Incognito mode (not logged in to YouTube in incognito). This is a crime but I don't know where to report it. I was posting it here in the hopes someone form Opera can become aware and let their company know, or someone can point me in the direction to where I can report this.
Is anyone else noticing this?
This is not a coincidence like I first thought it was.
- Watched a trailer about the movie Turning Red (never heard of it prior) in incognito and then YouTube was showing me tons of content related to this movie.
- Watched a video on Betta fish incognito = Recommendations around rescuing Betta fish or keeping them as pets.
- Watched a few videos on Video Editing in incognito = Tons of videos related to video editing software.
- Incognito watched 2 videos about planes (specifically fighter planes) = Now being recommended fighter jet plane videos.
- Incognito watched a few vegan food video reviews = Recommended ONLY vegan related food videos.
- I also watched this exact video in Incognito =
Anchor drop total failure, the loss of an anchor on the ship
It was a completely random find form another website. It's now showing in my recommendations.
It's gone beyond coincidence at this point.
If someone knows where I can report this, would be really great! Thanks.
KuRe last edited by
@leocg I understand that. I am using incognito to search for things logged out of YouTube/Google. It's when I go back to normal search and am on my YouTube account that I am seeing these results.
Google should not be able to have access to information because Opera has deleted search history/cache and I was not logged in.
This is what Google is doing while in Incognito and it's a criminal offense and they have been charged for doing this in Chrome recently. : Here
@omi-kun Thanks so much!
omi-kun last edited by omi-kun
@kure sir, u may chek this out . how bad is incognite mode is handling things.
opstellar last edited by
@omi-kun It still remembers me when I have VPN activated. The VPN is really just a proxy, not actual encryption, so it isn't merely tracking IP address.
However, when I switch to Opera GX, it doesn't remember me.
I haven't tried activating the 'send do-not-track requests' or 'block trackers' options, but they're worth giving a whirl.
omi-kun last edited by
@opstellar use, as u want , VPN & block-tracker ,, option are just useful in handy stuation's still they are not waste . vpn is proxy . but what if the person don't need encryptions . like i have .i use proxy instead of vpn . even public proxy . for data poisoning,
data poisoning is way to make your data little wacky . so then no one can easily find what you did .
so , then the unencrypted proxy (vpn ) is can be useful too
pozycjonowaniea last edited by
Nothing wrong. Youtube show you related content