I have discovered that Google (well YouTube) is tracking search results in Opera also and they are currently going into a lawsuit for this with their Chrome.
I am being constantly recommended videos on YouTube which I have watched in Incognito mode (not logged in to YouTube in incognito). This is a crime but I don't know where to report it. I was posting it here in the hopes someone form Opera can become aware and let their company know, or someone can point me in the direction to where I can report this.
Is anyone else noticing this?
This is not a coincidence like I first thought it was.
- Watched a trailer about the movie Turning Red (never heard of it prior) in incognito and then YouTube was showing me tons of content related to this movie.
- Watched a video on Betta fish incognito = Recommendations around rescuing Betta fish or keeping them as pets.
- Watched a few videos on Video Editing in incognito = Tons of videos related to video editing software.
- Incognito watched 2 videos about planes (specifically fighter planes) = Now being recommended fighter jet plane videos.
- Incognito watched a few vegan food video reviews = Recommended ONLY vegan related food videos.
- I also watched this exact video in Incognito =
Anchor drop total failure, the loss of an anchor on the ship
It was a completely random find form another website. It's now showing in my recommendations.
It's gone beyond coincidence at this point.
If someone knows where I can report this, would be really great! Thanks.