Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Permanently disable amazon extension

• This is the third time I've had to hide the amazon extension. I don't want the amazon extension at all, I want this filth off my PC. How do I remove it and/or disable it forever? On this note, I don't want Any extensions to appear without my express permission, like all the various messengers Opera has forcefully added [ie: Facebook messenger, whatsapp, telegram, etc], none of which I want.

So, how do I remove these and/or opt out of these abortions ever appearing on my Opera browser ever again?

• pin.png
    For the last few weeks, I've seen this extension pop up next to others. Whenever I first go to it, it will disappear and reappear at the opposite end of the extensions, then disappear completely if I'm not quick enough to pin it down. If I right click on it, my only options are to pin it and move to toolbar.

I can't figure out why it's there or what it does. It also doesn't appear when I look at the rest of my extensions in the manager. Anyone know what this is?

• How can I stop the various messengers and amazon being auto added to my sidebar on a regular basis? The promos flag doesn't stop this, and there is no setting anywhere I can find. Tried a full fresh install, caused me a lot of hassle having to readd my speed dials manually and amended flags (such as the promo one) and it still keeps happening.
    Opera, since you cannot be contacted directly, if you can't assist with this I will be changing to different browser.

• and me. Are Amazon paying Opera to spam us with this constantly? I installed Opera, not Amazon, and never gave permission for this extension (and it cannot be removed).

Is our data being sold to Amazon as well? Is there anything in the terms about this?

• @sufferingplanet I've found a solution in another thread.

Go to extensions, click Get More Extensions.
    Install the Amazon for Opera extension
    Now remove the extension youve installed, and the one that added itself also disappears 🙂