Re: Custom Speed Dial images
I reference the much useful thread where I've learnt to change speed dial aspect to site-provided images.
I've tried that thing with my speed dial bookmarks, and it seems that, beside working well for many sites, there are still some limitations:
- some sites, like Wish.com and Archive.org, uses SVG images as main page icon. It seems it goes undetected by Opera, so no image avail.
- some other sites, like Ebay.com and Drive.Google.Com, have multiicon images (Ebay), or, very little images (Drive). The selector for bookmark image allow for moving inside the image, but not for resizing, so puzzle or mini-icon in those cases.
- finally, other sites shows an image intermittently, and I dunno why this happens, but if selected it gets lost.
Sample, for instance, at this italian site: https://clienti.irenyou.gruppoiren.it/ where logo image comes out only sometimes and then vanish away. This is probably out of control of Opera, but I try to ask if it could depend from protocols or HTTP conversation while opening the page?
So to end this topic, I wish try to request the following points, to try improve the Opera Speed Dial Image grabbing functionality:
- to recognize also SVG images
- to make user able to also zoom images (while still, keeping ability to move inside the images like it is now)
- eventually, to check if HTTP conversation tricks or details could hide or hinder, or instead reveal, the images available on some sites.
Thanks, Bert, Italy