Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Black background at www.city.otaru.lg.jp

• Theback background of the page in the captioned site becomes black soon after I click the link. If I erase all the history record ,
    it returns white. This does not happen in Microsoft Edge.

• Which link?

• @sgunhouse
    Various links in the www.city.otaru home page

• Version of Opera? Are you logged in, and it behaves differently when you are? (If so, I'd need to know where the log in button is, as I can't read it.)

I tried about a dozen links in various areas of the page, the background never turned black - but I am using Developer (the latest unstable build) and possibly the issue is only in Stable or maybe Beta,

Any extensions that might be doing that?

• @hwpc48 maybe you click this button
    https://www.city.otaru.lg.jp/

0_1542187762716_cb5b8450-6251-40bf-8177-e04b0768dd19-image.png

• Looks like it is supposed to do that. When I first arrived at the site, the background was white. Clicking that made it black, then again made it the pink in your photo - and one more time made it white again. So it seems to be a "theme" button and they have 3 themes to choose from. Ideally it should remember the theme you've selected (until you clear cookies) and show you the same theme next time you visit.

Yeah, when I click the English button, the one you point to is translated as "Color".

• @temkem Thank you very much for your advice. Resolved!

• @sgunhouse said in Black background at www.city.otaru.lg.jp:

Looks like it is supposed to do that. When I first arrived at the site, the background was white. Clicking that made it black, then again made it the pink in your photo - and one more time made it white again. So it seems to be a "theme" button and they have 3 themes to choose from. Ideally it should remember the theme you've selected (until you clear cookies) and show you the same theme next time you visit.

Yeah, when I click the English button, the one you point to is translated as "Color".

@sgunhouse said in Black background at www.city.otaru.lg.jp:

Looks like it is supposed to do that. When I first arrived at the site, the background was white. Clicking that made it black, then again made it the pink in your photo - and one more time made it white again. So it seems to be a "theme" button and they have 3 themes to choose from. Ideally it should remember the theme you've selected (until you clear cookies) and show you the same theme next time you visit.

A theme button was a key. Thanks a lot.

• Topic closed as solved.