Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Forum doesn't load after login

• Just installed Beta 47.0.2631.31. Looks good. But this site refuses to load; continuous retries in the tab. OK, I know it's a beta version, but am I doing something wrong?

• It opens here but I can't log in. After inputing my credentials, it doesn't send me back to the forums and if I do it manually, the page keeps reloading.

BTW, the same happens with Firefox so it's a forum issue as it seems. Moving to "Forum Feedback'.

• Should be fixed now. Sorry about that, folks!

If the issue persists for you try logging out of your Opera Account or delete all cookies for opera.com domain.
    As a last resort clear your entire browser cache as there might be some cached (invalid) redirects stored there.

• I read the Opera error page after trying to reload this site. At its suggestion I went to settings and disabled Use Proxy for Local Servers. Works fine now.

• HI amatczak. When logging out forums, the screen still reverts back to the login page, when it should revert back to forums?

Does it on two desktop machines, Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, and Windows 10 Home (v1703) 64-bit. Have cleared out cookies and cache etc but no change.

I have to press and hold the back arrow (top left of screen) to get back to forums. Hope this assists?

• HI amatczak. When logging out forums, the screen still reverts back to the login page, when it should revert back to forums?
    Does it on two desktop machines, Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, and Windows 10 Home (v1703) 64-bit. Have cleared out cookies and cache etc but no change.
    I have to press and hold the back arrow (top left of screen) to get back to forums. Hope this assists?

Hi,

Indeed it looks like a (yet another) bug introduced lately. I reported that to team responsible for maintaining Opera Accounts pages.

Thanks!

• Hi amatczak.

Indeed it looks like a (yet another) bug introduced lately. I reported that to team responsible for maintaining Opera Accounts pages.

I would like to confirm sign-out is properly functioning again and redirects back to forums on both above systems.

Glad to be of some assistance 🆙

• July 28

Should be fixed now. Sorry about that, folks!

Nope.
    Firefox 52:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at forums.opera.com:8081.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

etc.

I hit the main URL from my address bar - it loads.

• Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at forums.opera.com:8081.

It's an older and different issue. Somehow a port number is added to the forum url and that's why it shows the error message.

• Today (now), with Firefox, first it was "Oops", then I appeared not logged in, then I logged, and the "older and different issue" appeared (with the port) again.