Opera not showing in Windows 10 Start Menu List of Apps

• When I install other programmes they subsequently appear in Windows Start Menu List of Apps (in alphabetical order) with name and icon. This includes a rival browser Mozilla Firefox. Opera does not so I have to go into Explorer select Opera.exe then create a short-cut and place it on the desktop. Why does Opera not follow the installation protocol of other programmes? I once tried "pin to side bar" but that then showed opera outside the Apps tiles. I cannot see any "fix" under Opera Help. Guidance please. Also to reach this forum I had to go on Google and type search Opera forums. Could a link to Opera Forums not be included as an icon on Opera Start page?

Neil

• Why does Opera not follow the installation protocol of other programmes?

How dia you install Opera? Did you do it using an admin account?

Also to reach this forum I had to go on Google and type search Opera forums

You could have looked at the help page.

• I had already executed both of the 2 suggestions above. I did a very detailed search of help page several times (in past weeks) before I posted my comment.

One further query when I update Opera versions it does not remove from (x86 programmes) the earlier files so I have to manually delete those superceded folders.

• I had already executed both of the 2 suggestions above

What suggestions?

• One further query when I update Opera versions it does not remove from (x86 programmes) the earlier files so I have to manually delete those superceded folders.

Yep, this is how it works. Last couple of builds are always kept.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.