Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera not showing in Windows 10 Start Menu List of Apps

• When I install other programmes they subsequently appear in Windows Start Menu List of Apps (in alphabetical order) with name and icon. This includes a rival browser Mozilla Firefox. Opera does not so I have to go into Explorer select Opera.exe then create a short-cut and place it on the desktop. Why does Opera not follow the installation protocol of other programmes? I once tried "pin to side bar" but that then showed opera outside the Apps tiles. I cannot see any "fix" under Opera Help. Guidance please. Also to reach this forum I had to go on Google and type search Opera forums. Could a link to Opera Forums not be included as an icon on Opera Start page?

Neil

• Why does Opera not follow the installation protocol of other programmes?

How dia you install Opera? Did you do it using an admin account?

Also to reach this forum I had to go on Google and type search Opera forums

You could have looked at the help page.

• I had already executed both of the 2 suggestions above. I did a very detailed search of help page several times (in past weeks) before I posted my comment.

One further query when I update Opera versions it does not remove from (x86 programmes) the earlier files so I have to manually delete those superceded folders.

• I had already executed both of the 2 suggestions above

What suggestions?

• One further query when I update Opera versions it does not remove from (x86 programmes) the earlier files so I have to manually delete those superceded folders.

Yep, this is how it works. Last couple of builds are always kept.