No Tab cycling (Ctrl+Tab) in Opera 30

• In Opera 30.0.1835.59 tab cycling (Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab) doesn't work anymore. In Opera 29 it worked fine. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

• Go to settings and reset keyboard shortcuts.

• Worked. Bingo. Thx!

• Is there a way for Ctrl-Tab to cycle through the tabs themselves instead of displaying that "preview", like Opera 29 did? I couldn't find anything in the options. I already removed the "most recently used order" option, but I still don't like the new behavior.

• Currently that is done by the 1 and 2 keys. They cycle forward and back through your tabs. If you want ctrl+tab to do that just reassign the keys.

• Hi @alobpreis: please have a look here 😉

• Thanks a lot @l33t4opera and @lando242 (BTW, you missed the CTRL in those shortcuts). 🙂

• Is there a way to force Opera to add new tabs always on the far right (next to + icon) instead always on the right of currently active tab? This is so annoying. I would also love to have a feature from Opera 12 - minimize tab after clickin on it (to easily switch to previously active tab).

I will be thankful for any tips.

• Is there a way to remove that annoying preview while I'm cycling through the tabs? 😞

• @alobpreis
    You can add the control in there if you want. Just replace the 1 or the 2, whichever you want.

@fr4ntic
    I use the extension Classic Tabs. Very handy.

@brunoabatti
    Settings > Show Tab Previews > uncheck it.

• @lando242 It's not the hover on tab preview, it's the ctrl+tab or ctrl+shift+tab preview.

• Hi @brunoabatti, go to opera:settings/configureCommands, and remove the default key bindings for "Cycle backward through tabs" / "Cycle forward through tabs", or rebind them to e.g. "Ctrl+F1" / "Ctrl+F2", and then scroll down to the "Switch left through tabs" / "Switch right through tabs", and add "Ctrl+Shift+Tab" / "Ctrl+Tab" for these functions, or try to use the default shortcuts: "Ctrl+PageUp" / "Ctrl+PageDown", or "Ctrl+1" / "Ctrl+2" 😉

• @brunoabatti Interesting. I don't have a preview when I cycle tabs using either Ctrl+Tab or the 1 or 2 keys...

• @lando242 - do you have tab button enabled? I have tab previwes disabled, tab button enabled - and when I switch tabs with Ctrl+Tab and do not perform that quickly, then after third a second or so tab menu appears and these f***ing preview windows pop up either. How I hate these preview windows ... 😞

• I don't see a tab button option. I have tab menu enabled though.

• Tab button, tab menu - it's the same, I think. Anyway, when you're surfing in tab menu, don't you see previews? If not, then I wonder, what setting controls this behavior - I haven't found it yet.

• When I press Ctrl+Tab in changes me to the next tab immediately. No preview. If I hold down Ctrl+Tab it cycles threw all of my open tabs.

• Hi @brunoabatti, go to opera:settings/configureCommands, and remove the default key bindings for "Cycle backward through tabs" / "Cycle forward through tabs", or rebind them to e.g. "Ctrl+F1" / "Ctrl+F2", and then scroll down to the "Switch left through tabs" / "Switch right through tabs", and add "Ctrl+Shift+Tab" / "Ctrl+Tab" for these functions, or try to use the default shortcuts: "Ctrl+PageUp" / "Ctrl+PageDown", or "Ctrl+1" / "Ctrl+2" 😉

That's not what he's asking. He's asking to disable the preview while using the MRU tab function. Rebinding the keys to move left/right doesn't accomplish the same thing.

There is a checkbox for enabling/disabling the tab preview, but as of right now it doesn't seem to be correctly applied during tab switching.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.