Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

New Opera developer 27

• Opera-developer 27 on Kubuntu.

There have been a couple of updates and, unless I missed it before, there is now a heart icon to add a URL to bookmarks.

The flexible bookmark management has been broken: it's no longer possible to drag and drop bookmarks into sub-folders. I hope that normal service will resume with a later update.

I note that there is a 'Select' option for bookmark folders and bookmarks. I have experimented with the feature, but it does not support multiple selection actions, atm. No doubt it will be a useful feature at a later stage or will be dropped.

I just noted the 27.0.1683.0 update notes: perhaps the above has already been addressed.

Browsing and startup is still wonderfully fast and the UI is efficient and intuitive. I like the pdf display feature and the ability to right-click and save to the computer. Opera-developer is not picking up installed Flash in Linux, yet.

• Opera-developer is not picking up installed Flash in Linux, yet.

Did you alreday had installed pepperflashplugin-nonfree and the correct version for Opera DEV?

sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree   
    sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install --beta

• PepperFlashPlugin 16 BETA from Adobe's webpage does not really work on Opera 27.0.1683.0 DEV.

• may be a

sudo su
    update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --install --unstable 

can make your Pepperflash plugin work with current Opera.

• <blockquote>it's no longer possible to drag and drop bookmarks into sub-folders.</blockquote>
    Hi @royleith, it's known issue: "Dragging bookmarks into folders does not work. You can work around this via enabling the flag opera://flags/#bookmarks-multi-drag (which will also allow you to select and drag multiple bookmarks)" 😉

• New Opera developer 27.0.1689.0, the change log, and few, selected changes:

• "Chromium update (40.0.2202.3)"

• "* DNA-29883 Opera on 32-bit Windows does not find pepper flash"

• "* DNA-30219 Notification when the PEPPER is present but disabled"

• "* DNA-28947 Shift+RightClick menu on Speed Dial Folder(s) doesn’t work as it does with single thumbnails"

• "DNA-29900 Enable the ‘WebUI navigation bar’ flag on developper"

• "* DNA-29872 Dragging of bookmarks fails"

• "DNA-29963 [Tools] Support batch operations in the bookmark manager"

• "DNA-30021 Enable ‘Multidrag in Bookmark Manager’ on the developer channel"

• "* DNA-30220 Put CTRL+A + batch delete behind the multi-drag flag"

• "DNA-29738 Refactor the search provider strip"

• "DNA-29997 [Engine] Quick search model should use profile prefs instead of local prefs."

The official announcement 😉

\m/ :cheers:

• What's with the changed position of the Speed Dial - Bookmarks - Discovery bar on Speed Dial page? It's so confusing. :XP:

• What's with the changed position of the Speed Dial - Bookmarks - Discovery bar on Speed Dial page? It's so confusing.

What has changed? I don't remember any changes since 1683.

• Hi @et2403, you can disable it (switch back to the old bar): go to the address bar, type opera:flags#webui-navigation-bar, and press enter, then select "Disabled" from the drop-down, and then restart the Opera 😉

• Hi @et2403, you can disable it (switch back to the old bar): go to the address bar, type opera:flags#webui-navigation-bar, and press enter, then select "Disabled" from the drop-down, and then restart the Opera 😉

That worked. 🙂

• Speed Dial - Bookmarks - Discovery / opera:flags#webui-navigation-bar

I liked it better on the left side, because it makes the vertical space on my 16:9 monitor even smaller, so I disabled it again.

But maybe the OPERA guys can make it moveable or implement an option to show it where one likes it to be (left, right, top, bottom)?

• A small update - Opera developer 27.0.1689.2, the change log, and the official announcement - sync works again, and small but IMHO precious bonus: you can set now the DuckDuckGo as the default search engine 😉 :cheers:

• Awesome I love DuckDuckGo! At the moment it is just something we are experimenting with. Of course I really hope we keep it!

• One day the users will be able to change the search engine on speed dial search bar? Bing is doing browser sniffing, there is nothing you can do about it? 😞

Small bug: try to edit an added search engine, in the second time does not allow edittion (the small menu does not show up)

• In the past, when I click on About Opera, it reflected a new update, when there was one.

Right now it doesn't show the newest update:

Version: 27.0.1683.0 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: developer
    System: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (x86_64; XFCE)

• Version: 27.0.1683.0 finally showed there was an update, but not every time I checked. At any rate, I'm now updated.

• Read the know issues from the blog post:

• Reliability issues with auto-update
  • New Opera developer 27.0.1689.13, the change log, and the announcement.

Highlights:

• The main fixes on the Opera side revolve around security and stability improvements to syncing

• Chromium version 40.0.2214.10

\m/ ☕

• Known issues (27.0.1689.13)

• Menu separators are missing in the Opera menu and context menus
    • Hovering titles in the tab menu show as white on white on Windows 7 and 8
  • Are you going to put smooth transition animation in navigation bar?