Pages warning about Opera and "best Spectrum experience"
bbildman last edited by leocg
What Is It About Opera..that so many Web page warn you (or disallow you from using) about using Opera on their site, saying these kinds of warnings::
"Please note, some features may be unavailable in your current browser. For the best Spectrum experience, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari instead."
blackbird71 last edited by
@bbildman Possible answers:
- Website managers/coders don't want to bother testing their peculiar site coding against other browsers and so sniff a visiting browser's user-agent string to exclude "unapproved" browsers.
- Universal exclusion of browsers identified as including comprehensive internal adblockers.
- Laziness (simply copying another site's 'acceptable browser' list)
- Money (there can be all manner of unadvertised "placements" of listings and products involved to the exclusion of those not 'playing the game')
- Genuine differences between browsers that might affect obscure coding features used by the website