Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Operapassview by Nirsoft (Can't download)

• I want to use operapassview by nirsoft for my very old version of Opera 12.18 but I keep on getting virus threats from McAfee or Windows defender when I try to d/l it. I only get a operapassview.chm and readme.txt file in the zip.

Does anyone have a copy of this or know why this is happening?

Tried downloading from here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/opera_password_recovery.html

• @rif I guess the nature of the program itself is the reason for the security programs to complain about it.

• @leocg said in Operapassview by Nirsoft (Can't download):

@rif I guess the nature of the program itself is the reason for the security programs to complain about it.

I've used this 5+ times over the years with no problems ever downloading it.

• There's nothing wrong with the file. It's just flagged for the reason Leo mentioned. You just need to add it to the exclusion list in your anti-virus.

For Windows Defender, you can look for the detection entry and choose to allow it. Or, just temporarily turn off real-time protection.

For example though, in the registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths", there's a dword set to 0 with the name of C:\Users\myusername\Downloads\operapassview\OperaPassView.exe that was created when I added the exe to the exclusions list in Defender's settings. But, I had no problem downloading it in the first place as real-time protection was off.