Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Was the “normal” Sidebar removed

• Up until now I used the normal (not slim) sidebar. I don't like the vertical dots and on a 27" iMac and don't need save every pixel. So I much preferred the slightly larger sidebar. But to my dismay that option disappeared. Or is there still an option hidden somewhere to have the non slim sidebar.

• I'll presume you mean what they officially called the Extensions bar. Yes, that is gone, at least in Developer builds. There used to be an option (in Windows anyway - the Mac menus may be different) on the Extensions submenu to enable or disable it.

• Is there no way to get it back?

• I don't know exactly what the problem is, but under "Opera" "Display" you have the item "Show sidebar". If activated, you have the narrow sidebar with vertical buttons, not activated the normal horizontal buttons (Opera 70.0.3728.106).

• @operaoperandi

This was the narrow sidebar vs the full one on osx
    Sidebar.png

Now you can only disable it and get the top bar only:
    Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 16.21.13.png

@krischik I also liked the wide version because the vertical arrangement of the button is strange for me.

Hope it comes back , or we can make a feature request to out the setting back, maybe they forgot it 🙂