Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

All Extensions gone after copying Profile to new laptop

• Hi folks!

I've got a little problem over here...

On my desktop PC I copied everything under:
    Profile: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable

Most settings were adapted:

• Interface and Browser settings
    • Search Engines
    • Autofill Data
    • Shortcuts
    • Languages and Spell Check
    • History
    • Bookmarks
    • Speed Dial

but some were not:

• Passwords (no big deal, I can import them from a previously exported CSV)
    • Extensions => now, that just sucks!

Is there anything I can do to get my Extensions back?

😖 😞 😢 😭

• @celadyn Reinstall then using the developer mode in the extensions manager page.

• @leocg said in All Extensions gone after copying Profile to new laptop:

@celadyn Reinstall then using the developer mode in the extensions manager page.

Erm, what exactly do you mean?

• @celadyn

• Go to the extensions page and enable developer mode
    • Click Load unpacked
    • From you back up, select the Extensions folder, then the sub-folder with the extensions you want to reinstall and, finally, the folder with the version of the extension.
  • @leocg said in All Extensions gone after copying Profile to new laptop:

@celadyn

• Go to the extensions page and enable developer mode
    • Click Load unpacked
    • From you back up, select the Extensions folder, then the sub-folder with the extensions you want to reinstall and, finally, the folder with the version of the extension.

OK, finally I have my Extensions back. About 20, I didn't count.

But I found out, that Opera deletes the Extensions folder inside my profile folder each time I launch Opera.
    What I had to do is, first, launch Opera (it then removes all Extensions - OK, whatever), then with Opera running copy back all Extensions (the Extensions folder) and, finally, "load unpacked Extensions" via the button under Developer Mode (which I had already enabled).
    At least most Extensions were loaded. With one extension Opera told me that the "manifest" file is corrupted or something. I don't even know which Extension that was. Anyway...

The other problem is, that some extensions settings are gone too. For example, I use the V7 Sessions Extension, where I can save opened tabs and windows as sessions, or the V7 Notes Extension, where I can save copied text from a website to Notes.

All are gone! That really sucks! I have it all saved inside my Opera profile folder and just wanted to copy it to another installation (my laptop) and Opera kills it all. I am very disappointed. Why does Opera do this?

Google Chrome, for example, stores all extensions in my account and when I reinstall Chrome somewhere else and login, all my Extensions are back too, with all their settings and data.

I think, it's time that Opera adds Extensions to their "Opera Sync", which they should improve or better said: repair (because now it is not working very well sometimes).

Enough said,
    is there any other way to get my Extensions and their data back in a batch process?

Any hints highly appreciated.
    Kind regards.
    Celadyn