Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

How would I turn off auto-fill completely?

• The Opera Help site doesn't line up exactly with what my settings look like. I can't completely turn off auto-fill.
    Ideally I'd reset auto-fill and start from scratch, but that doesn't seem like an option either.
    I've tried disabling all auto-fill settings, but I still get auto-fill when entering something into the URL bar. The options that appear aren't even websites in my History, because I have tried deleting that to no avail.

How do I completely disable auto-fill? How do I reset auto-fill results?

• @sudoku-na Autofill is about forms in web pages and has nothing to do with the address bar. You seem to want to disable search suggestions and you can do it in settings, in the Privacy and security section.

• Thanks for the clarification on that! However that setting ("Use a prediction service to help complete searches...in the address bar") has been turned off since I began trying to deactivate/reset what I thought was auto-fill.

So my problem still stands, it's just using different words. How do I turn off or reset the predictive search function, seeing as the toggle seemingly does nothing?

My current version is "67.0.3575.79", if that helps. Windows 10.

• @sudoku-na You will need to provide more details about what you are trying to disable. Maybe a screenshot would help.

• Is it prediction, or is it showing you sites you've visited (History) and sites you've bookmarked?

• @sgunhouse It's showing me sights that I once visited, but are no longer in my history. I've included a screenshot of what I'm trying to disable as asked, with websites blacked out for privacy. I want to remove this predictive searching.
    The second image shows that the setting I assumed would disable it is currently disabled.

alt text
    alt text