Avast Online Security
play3r26 last edited by
this makes the browser more secure i think idk
Nuiin last edited by
I believe that this add-on harbours adware. When I used it flashtalking.com kept trying to aquire data from me even after I had blocked access to that domain locally. This indicated to me that the Avast add-on was trying to contact that advertiser, repeatedly, from within my browser so I removed it. Since it has been removed I never saw any activity viz., flashtalking.com again. You do the math.
LogicalHeathen last edited by
Superheated my computer so badly and so often I had to uninstall it
Pan3tt last edited by leocg
After using this addon for a few months, I am uninstalling it. Here's why:
- The extension does not add the "green shield symbol" next to page names when you do a Google search, unlike Chrome or Firefox, which do.
- The extension blocks Disqus functionality on any page you visit unless you disable it for no apparent reason.
- Apparently, this extension is a replica of the original and would not be made by the real Avast. You can see this in this forum thread in the Opera's Forum: https://forums.opera.com/topic/52869/solved-disqus-doesn-t-work-any-site/7
(although I don't think it's really a fake extension, considering that the official Avast page promotes its extension and it says that is available for Opera)
// Some clarifications:
- This extension did not give me any performance issues or overheating of my PC.
- This extension never showed me any sign of having adware built in (maybe because I have custom filters in Adblock Plus, so the adware might have tried to work without success)
- If you want to download this addon in Opera GX, try doing it from the official Avast page following the route: Privacy > Online Security & Privacy > add to Opera for free. Here's the URL of the main page of Avast: https://www.avast.com/index#pc.
sgunhouse Moderator Volunteer last edited by
@pan3tt You do realize you have to authorize extensions to see search results, yes? By default Opera blocks extensions on search pages to be sure they can't modify the results, if you want the extension to do something on a results page you need to go to Extensions and allow that extension on searches.
Pan3tt last edited by
@sgunhouse: Thank you for your feedback! I reinstalled the plugin to make sure I hadn't forgotten to check the access to search results option when I first added it to Opera, and it now works correctly. Thank you for taking the time to answer me and help me with this, I hope this helps any other user who has problems with the display of Disqus or the shield symbol
nickkkk1984 last edited by
Love this addon