Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Adobe flash player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation - only occurs in opera

  • The following error keep on appearing when i open links or new websites while playing youtube video. However, this issue not occurs if dont play youtube video. I tried all the solutions but no success. Also, i set website location settings as "Do not allow any site to track my physical location" in opera.

    This error only appears in opera and not occurred in other browsers(IE 11, Chrome, Firefox). I am really frustrated with this issue and i dont want to switch the browser.

    Is there any solutions for that?

  • Which version of Opera?

  • Version: 18.0.1284.68
    System: Windows 8 64-bit (WoW64)

    Thanks.

  • It says that you have installed an extension named "Niftyplayer.swf" which is causing the issue, you'll have to disable or remove - or perhaps update - the extension to resolve the problem.

  • Thanks for the reply. i was trying to figure out which extension causing the problem and from last 2 days even youtube videos are not loading. Finally, i found the culprit who causing the issue. Its adblock extension is reason for that problem. This is what i did.

    1. Disable the adblock extension
    2. Close the browser.
    3. Goto flash settings in control panel and block the s.ytimg.com from settings ->Local storage settings by site
    4. Open the browser
    5. Enable the adblock

    It drove me crazy for weeks and glad i found the solution. Hope it help others who has similar problems.

  • Hmm.Above steps only resolves youtube resolution problem but i am still having the adobe message problem.

    @sgunhouse: i tried the find the extension named "Niftyplayer.swf" but i couldnt find the extension.

  • On the extensions folder, look for the one that has ofol...fnkl.

  • Originally posted by LeoCG:

    On the extensions folder, look for the one that has ofol...fnkl.

    Oh my god.I cant thank you enough. It seems solved the problem. It drove me crazy for weeks. Thanks again.

  • @m2gamer, is your problem identical with the details of the original post (including use of niftyplayer)? If not, you'll need to supply some additional details about what you're seeing, the conditions under which it occurs, and some information about your OS, version, Opera version, etc.

  • Originally posted by m2gamer:

    I'm still having issues with this problem I don't quite understand the solution here. Please help.

    Please provide the screen shot of error and details. So we can help you..

  • Windows 7 64 bit
    Opera 18.0.1284.68

    Anytime I use flash through videos , music, etc if I try and do something outside of that it stops the video and brings up that error and occasionally even if i don't do anything else the error about s.ytmg will come up and yes it is the nifty player as well

    My account was banned for what i'm guessing was sending a link to the issue i will try sending it this way hopefully to better effect.

  • Originally posted by m2gamer1:

    Windows 7 64 bit
    Opera 18.0.1284.68

    Anytime I use flash through videos , music, etc if I try and do something outside of that it stops the video and brings up that error and occasionally even if i don't do anything else the error about s.ytmg will come up and yes it is the nifty player as well

    My account was banned for what i'm guessing was sending a link to the issue i will try sending it this way hopefully to better effect.

    Follow below steps.

    1. Goto: C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Extensions
    2. You can find the folder named "ofaold....fnkl"
    3. Select the folder and delete it
    4. Done. Enjoy without that annoying error.
    5. Dont forget to restart the browser.

    Let me know it it works.

  • Hard time finding AppData seems my folder wasn't in my user area ,but i found it in the run menu. I deleted the file and everything seems fine now I can't thank you enough:D

  • Originally posted by m2gamer1:

    Hard time finding AppData seems my folder wasn't in my user area ,but i found it in the run menu. I deleted the file and everything seems fine now I can't thank you enough:D

    You are welcome. By default "AppData" folder is hidden and you have to make hidden folders visible. Anyway enjoy!!

Locked