Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Removing cookies for single domain/site?

• Hi gang!

I'm trying to remove the cookies set by one single website but I am completely lost. To be perfectly honest I'm almost reconsidering my commitment to Opera (been using it for a few years now) because I can't help get the feeling that us users are slowly but steadily losing control.

Sure, I can delete the browsing data. Even set to a specific time range. But I can't for the life of me find an option to simply show me which cookies were set by a specific website.

Am I overlooking the obvious, and if so what?

Thanks in advance!

• Go to settings page and search for cookies. Shouldn't be that difficult to find out what you are looking for, that is under site configuration by the way.

• No offense, but are you really still using this browser? Or a better question: have you even tried to do what you mention?

Because: Site configuration? What's that?

alt text

I don't think you even know what you're talking about...

• Block Ads.
    • Wallpapers
    • Appearance
    • Quick access
    • Sidebar
    • Synchronization
    • Search engine
    • Default browser
    • On Startup
    • Privacy and Security
    • Passwords and forms
    • WebRTC
    • VPN
    • Battery saver
    • Instant search
    • My flow
    • Search pop-up
    • Video pop out
    • Personal news
    • Opera turbo
    • Start page
    • User interface
    • Languages
    • Downloads
    • System
    • Shortcuts
    • Reset settings

So where is this magical setting you're talking about? If mods can't even find it.. sorry, I'm losing faith here.

• I know a double post is usually frowned upon and to be honest: having every post moderated is also scaring me away (once again: no offense: but I am honestly wondering if any of my critical posts will get through... censorship is a thing these days and if this is happening here as well, then I am definitely no longer a believer).

Having that out of the way: you have no clue what you're talking about. "Search for cookies", I tried:

https://i.imgur.com/vbl8uGp.png

So now what? It's not as obvious as you want to make us believe.

• Your posts are probably queued because you have a reputation score of -1, meaning people have downvoted your posts more than upvoted. I'll upvote your earlier post to get you back to 0; the rest is up to you.

As far as site settings - it's exactly the same as Chrome. Click on the lock or globe icon in the address bar then select Site settings in the pop-up. You should have guessed that one.

• I use this extension: Edit This Cookie. It lets you get rid of cookies for any site, even while you're on the site.

• I've been using it for more than twenty years. And yes, I've tried what I suggested.

• Ah, it's still called content settings in Opera 58. But since there is a mention of cookies there, You probably have clicked on it and found the cookies section.

• Your posts are probably queued because you have a reputation score of -1, meaning people have downvoted your posts more than upvoted. I'll upvote your earlier post to get you back to 0; the rest is up to you.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I think it's more likely that I slipped through the gaps a bit because I've been participating on this forum long before we had these voting mechanics and I haven't been very active once Opera moved to this version.

As far as site settings - it's exactly the same as Chrome. Click on the lock or globe icon in the address bar then select Site settings in the pop-up. You should have guessed that one.

Well, I don't use Chrome and once again it's not as obvious as you say. See: most sites use HTTPS these days which means that the globe is usually a lock. As such my assumption was to find more information regarding the certificate when I clicked on the lock, not extra stuff such as site information. It seems a bit illogical to me.

We all approach these things differently of course, but more than often features are picked up differently by newcomers than veterans.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Another way to do it is to goto the URL opera://settings/siteData, type the domain you want in the search field on the siteData page, and choose "Remove all shown".

• Go Menu (Opera Icon Top Left) – Settings – Advanced – Site Settings – Cookies – See all cookies and site data