Unable to import bookmarks to standalone version of Opera 21.0

• The "Bookmark importer" feature is grayed out (why doesn't software provide a note when something is grayed out??)

• Do you have Opera Presto (Opera 12.16 and older) installed? If so, have you imported your Presto settings when installing Opera Blink?

• I installed the usb version and it didn't give me this option. Mine is also greyed out.

Note that I have my 12.16 installed in e:\opera so I guess its not standard. Took a quick look at the long thread "New install but no bookmarks import." Yuck.

• Yes. Don't understand your second question, leocg.

@rif, haha.

At least for the time being, I've decided to use 12.17 for my portable edition. Importing the bookmarks did work, but there's no setting for importing notes; the function I'm talking about is the upper left "Opera" menu, Settings -> Import and export. It only covers bookmarks for the various browsers and mail, feed lists, and contacts.

• Don't understand your second question, leocg.

When you've installed Opera 21, did it asked you about importing your ols settings?

• I highly doubt it.

• I highly doubt it.

So you will have to start Opera 21 once with the parameters "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR'" (without the quotes and with the correct path for Opera Presto Profile folder) to import your settings.

Note: It will reset your Opera 21 profile and you may lost everything in it.

• So you will have to start Opera 21 once with the parameters "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR'" (without the quotes and with the correct path for Opera Presto Profile folder) to import your settings.

Thanks, this worked perfectly.

• This worked for me but it doesn't seem to be working for this installation. Is this the right command line?

"E:\Allison Opera of the future\launcher.exe" --presto-small-prefs-dir=e:\Allison Opera\profile

• Figured this out. There is a error (Or whatever you want to call it.

"E:\Allison Opera of the future\launcher.exe" --presto-small-prefs-dir=e:\Allison Opera\profile

This didn't work because there was a space in the 12.17 install of Allison's!!! Took out the space and it works fine.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.