Control+tab or control+shift+tab crashes opera

• I'm currently running 50.0.2762.58, and every time I try to cycle tabs via control+tab or control+shift+tab, opera closes abruptly and restarts.
    I have no idea why this is happening, and it's only started recently.

• The same happens to me on Opera 51.0.2830.8, and has happened on version 50 as well. It usually happens when I press Ctrl+Tab while I have many tabs open.

• Define "many". 20? 50? 200?

• Seeing the same issue with the last three releases of Opera (currently on 50.0.2762.67). Opera crashes with CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+CTRL+TAB. Hope a solution is found soon. A clean install (complete uninstall + remove profile etc. + reinstall) solved the issue, but just for 2 days and the issue is back again. Clean install doesn't appear to be a permanent solution.

• Does disabling hardware acceleration makes any difference?

• Been having the same issue! I hope there is a fix for this soon!

• I opened tons of tabs (maybe 200) out of curiosity and tried crashing it but it seemed stable with Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+Shift+Tab. Browsed some and didn't notice anything.

Maybe it's specific to some hardware config.

• Not sure it's hardware related. It's happening on my HP Z1 workstation running Win 7 as well as my Lenovo X1 Carbon running Win 10. I used to think it was only happening with a particular website I visit regularly (The NIH Pubmed database of research paper), but seems to be happening on other sites too.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.