Opera not working right with Disqus

• Every time I go to a new page, Opera "forgets" that I'm logged into Disqus, and I have to manually click "log in". As soon as I click log in, it logs me in WITHOUT me having to type in my Disqus username/password. So its kind of half-way remembering that I'm logged in, just not at first which is extremely annoying.

• How to post about a problem in Opera

Not happening here.

• Cookie settings?

• Using Disqus on http://blogs.opera.com/desktop/

I have to click Login on comments section every time the page opens/reloads.

That click opens a small pop-up window and I’m logged in without entering any data or seeing any username/password fields.

Reloading the page logs me out.

WIN10-64. Opera 47.0.2631.71 (PGO) Norwegian. HWA On. Third-party cookies disabled.

• Third-party cookies disabled.

You probably found the cause.

• You are correct.

In Opera settings under cookies, I’ve for years had the first option selected (allow all data stored locally – recommended).

But for some reason I’ve had the feeling that third-party cookies are bad for my user experience or privacy, and had third-party cookies disabled. Very few online services require third-party cookies/have a discernible difference if disabled. The only site I can think of that requires it is logging in on Skyscanner and FINN.

Can anyone point to a good article or blog post providing pros/cons on third-party cookies in the context of using Opera as a desktop browser on Windows?

Do sites and domains set on exception list behave differently when “Allows all cookies” is selected?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.