All VPN countries via Ukraine

• I'm currently having a problem where anything that depends on google (search, youtube, etc) is routed thru Ukraine (.ua google domain) regardless of the selected country in the Opera VPN. I'm not in Ukraine nor anywhere near it. this started happening about a month ago. Not using Opera's VPN or using any other VPN works as expected. Anybody knows what's going on?

• Try deleting third part data. Also empty cache and delete related cookies.

• I'll try deleting third party data and report but I'm not hopeful it will solve the problem because:

• The browser is set to delete cookies & cache on browser exit and
    • It happens with the Opera browsers on all my 5 computers.

BTW, Opera updated to version 46.0.2597.57 after I posted this question and the problem persist

• The browser is set to delete cookies & cache on browser exit

How?

Anyway, third part data is not related to cache and cookies necessarily.

• As I foresaw, It didn't do anything. Everything google is directed thru Ukraine when the VPN is enabled even after all third party data, cookies & browser history were manually deleted.

As for how the browser deletes cookies on exit:

Settings/Basic/Cookies/Keep local data only until I quit my browser

The setting is doubled and can also be found at

Settings/Privacy & Security/Cookies/Keep local data only until I quit my browser

I wonder if all this mess might have anything to do with Opera using Yandex.ru for some of its tasks

• In addition to the problem described above, I have found logins on Facebook from Iran and China. More than a bit alarming since the US is currently having serious issues with both countries.

• I'm having the same issue except when i use netherlands then it doesnt go to .ua

• This is happening to me also, same symptoms as yours. I first noticed this about a week ago (~ July 18 2017) when I tried to go to www.google.com and saw a page full of Cyrillic characters.

Is all our traffic going through the Ukraine now? 😛 It makes me very distrustful of Opera browser as a whole.

• Is all our traffic going through the Ukraine now?

Well, it's not happening here so I guess the answer is no.

• In addition to the problem described above, I have found logins on Facebook from Iran and China

And those logins happened while you were using Opera with VPN turned on? I don't think they have servers on those countries so maybe it's not related to the VPN?

• This is happening to me as well. I'm an Opera user in the US using the built-in VPN. The virtual location I selected is "United States" so this is perplexing. When I attempt to use Google products, my traffic is routed through a server in Ukraine. A ."ua" is added to the end of google.com, and the text menus in Google Drive are in Ukrainian. I've been able to replicate this on multiple computers.

• Me too - Ukraine.. While should be de/nl 😕

• Absolutely! Google is in Cyrilic! This has been going on for at lease 2-3 months. I have noticed that me email "Junk" has increased tremendously in the last month - especially ones from foreign countries.

• And the VPN is set to?

I have a site in my bookmarks which will list my headers, I'll try it when I'm done here.

• Google from the address bar does go to www.google.ua (Ukraine), but there is nothing in my headers saying that is where I am. As listed on several sites I checked, my headers are

Host	www.procato.com
    Connection	close
    User-Agent	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) 
      Chrome/61.0.3153.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/48.0.2670.0 (Edition developer)
    Accept	*/*
    Accept-Language	en-US,en;q=0.8
    Referer	http://www.procato.com/my+headers/
    Accept-Encoding	gzip

(The site listed in Referer is the one I copied this from.)

So apparently Google is just presuming people using the Opera VPN are Ukrainian.

• One thought is that, depending on how/where DNS lookup is being performed in all the generation and handshaking and relaying of the VPN traffic, there might be a glitch (or poisoning?) that is sending traffic routing to the Google .ua site rather than the desired one.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.