[Solved]Desktop: Open Links in New Window vs. New Tab in Opera 32

• I've just switched over to Opera from Firefox and cannot find the setting/preference to allow links to open in a new window by default instead of opening in a new tab. I've checked the menu, looked through settings, right clicked on tabs, searched the web, and cannot find where to change this in the newest version of Opera (32.0.1948.25). I find references to a "tab context menu" for older versions of Opera, e.g. http://help.opera.com/Linux/9.50/en/tabs.html (yes, I see that is Linus, using that as an example). I did learn that SHIFT-CLICK opens the link in a new window, but I want that as an automatic action with one click. I just don't like tabs. I'm certain this is probably easy to locate for those of you who've used Opera for a while, but a little help, please?

• 32 is no where near the latest version - but that option was in an old version anyway. No, it doesn't exist in Opera itself though perhaps there is an extension for it.

• Okay I answered my own question on the version. 44.0.2510.1159 is the current version of the "regular" browser. 45.0.2552.89 is the most recent version of the browser with VPN. I did have an older version of the VPN browser, but the option still is not there. So my question then: I see older instructions (e.g. noted above) where this was an option. Was it removed? Or am I just not seeing it?

• Was it removed?

Never implemented in Opera Chromium (Opera 15+)

• The VPN is not available if you download the browser from a country that blocks it. That said, the VPN has been a part of the last several browser releases.

• @lando242 - my question is not about the use of the VPN.
    @leocg - thank you. Now off to find the "suggested changes" section of this support system.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.