And again, Speed Dial suggestions.

• I open Opera today and just like clockwork, another bunch of useless Speed Dial suggestions.

Why do you do this?

What fool came up with this idea? If I want a Speed Dial link, I'll do it.

• If you don't like the suggestions, why don't you just disable that feature?

• leocg, how? I keep "x"ing it out and it reappears a week later.

• Click on the cog (gear) in the top right, clear "Show suggestions".

• Didn't he mean 'offers'? Speed dial items?
    The point of being "translated" as "suggestions" is -- THEY DO suggest you to go somewhere. "Bookmark" makes almost no sense read literally nowadays.

• Didn't he mean 'offers'?

Doesn't seem to be the case although the suggestions may contain some offers.

he point of being "translated" as "suggestions" is -- THEY DO suggest you to go somewhere.

Speed Dial suggestions are based on history. It's like if Opera were saying "Hey, you visit these pages kinda often, maybe you want to add them to Speed Dial?".

• sgunhouse .... Speed Dial "suggestions" has always been UNchecked.

leo ..."It's like if Opera were saying "Hey, you visit these pages kinda often, maybe you want to add them to Speed Dial?".

Yes I understand that. But once I turn off suggestions (per sgunhouse), that option should stay off.

joshl ... some were visited sites. Some were sites I've never heard of.

Thanks to all that replied.

• But once I turn off suggestions (per sgunhouse), that option should stay off.

Do those suggestions appears under 'Suggestions' in start page?

• leo, I have Speed Dial set as the start page.

Is that what you mean?

If so, yes.

• I have Speed Dial set as the start page.

You mean that you have Speed Dial enabled in Start Page. 🙂

Is that what you mean?

Nope. What I mean is: Do you see the other 'Suggestions'and, below it, a line with maybe 5 or 6 speed dial suggestions?

• leo ... Yes. I see the other 'Suggestions' and, below it, a line with maybe 5 or 6 speed dial suggestions.

• And they keep returning even after you have unchecked 'show suggestions' in start page settings?

Could you do a standalone installation (or create a clean profile) and use it for a while with suggestions disabled to see if the issue happens?

• Again today, at the bottom, these damn Speed Dial suggestions.

Get your act together Opera. Or are the Chinese demanding it?

• Again today, at the bottom, these damn Speed Dial suggestions.

With a clean standalone installation with suggestions disabled?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.