:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Amazon Video Playback

• Amazon video playback isn't working for me on Opera for Mac OS X 10.8.3. I have Opera 37.0.

It returns a DRM message:

Digital Rights Error
    Your web browser is missing a digital rights component. In the address bar, go to opera://plugins and ensure Widevine Content Decryption Module is enabled.

When I go to opera://plugins, it says the status of Widevine Content Decryption Module is enabled (or at least inferred by the only button label being, "Disable").

Plugin info: com.operasoftware.Opera/WidevineCDM/1.4.8.885/_platform_specific/mac_x64/widevinecdmadapter.plugin

What's interesting is I don't have any problem playing YouTube videos, but when I go to html5test.com, it says the H.264 video is not working. When I check on Firefox, it is working and videos work on Amazon through Firefox for Mac.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Drew

• you should clear the cache, reset the preferences/settings and try again

http://tamildts.in

• Hi Drew, Opera only supports Widevine (which indeed is a DRM plug-in) on OS X 10.9 and newer.

• Thanks for the feedback. That's a bummer...

• @drew5316 If you still need help. I solved my issue. So there was nothing in my WidevineCdm folder in program files so what I did was I copied over the WidevineCdm folder from chrome (that i temporarily downloaded) because I saw netflix was working there. And boom! Now everything works. I have 4 files in my Program Files > Opera > "Version" > WidevineCdm > platform_specific > win

• widevinecdm.dll
      -widevinecdm.dll.sig
      -widevinecdmadapter.dll
      -widevinecdmadapter.dll.sig
  • @ksuzy31 You do realize this is the Mac forum, and thus your Windows suggestion is of no help to him.

• @ksuzy31 Congratulations, you got the Gravedigger Awards for have brought up an one year old topic.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.