Opera update to 39.0.2256.71 not working on 2nd PC

• Hi,

I just upgraded on PC 1 (Windows 10 upgraded from 7) from Opera 39.0.2256.48 to 39.0.2256.71 by using About ... relaunch now. Working.

Then on my PC 2 I tried the same - but after pressing relaunch now - .48 is still alive and "Restart Opera to update to version 39.0.2256.71" + "Relaunch Now" button appears again. When I press the button Opera restarts and shows the same info .. looping.

PC 2 is a fresh installed Windows 10 and Opera 39.0.2256.48 was the first version I have installed - and no other program until yet.

... but I have 2 other accounts on PC 2 (for the children). Could this be the reason that the upgrade does not work? They are not logged in. I also restared the PC but it does not help.

Any idea?

• Any idea?

Download and run the installer, it should solve the issue.

• Yes of course, that works.

But what is the problem that the other way doesn't work?

• But what is the problem that the other way doesn't work?

Probably a installation issue.

• This issue is known and already solved internally/ https://bugs.opera.com/browse/DNA-56897

Next update will fix this.

• Well, I'm not a happy bunny!

The main issue, which has taken me ages* to get to be able to post:

I must say, since the latest upgrade to Opera 39.0.2256.71 on Windows 8, things seem to have definitely got worse. Everything seems to have noticeably slowed down. I now seem to be left hanging around for ages waiting for many web pages to finish loading. Including this one.

'* It has taken me ages because when I tried to log on I couldn't. I then discover my account is inaccessible (No - password reminder didn't mail me) but when I try to recreate the account the username is in use. Yes. By me. Not!

So I have had to recreate my original user account with a modified username.

• Turn off Turbo and turn off the VPN. Does that help?

• Turn off Turbo and turn off the VPN. Does that help?

Nope. Neither Turbo or VPN are on.

• But disabling and then re-enabling a couple of browser plugins (Flash and PDF) seems as if it may have done the trick.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.