Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • I have a password set up on my OS (Windows XP SP3), although the OS is set to log on automatically.
    I'm not asked for it when I look at my saved passwords on Opera Developer, it just shows them!
    :eek:

• Check specifically

chrome://flags/?search=passw#password-manager-reauthentication
  • Like I said, it does not ask for password before revealing passwords. Is this a bug on the xp version?
    Plus, what I meant to say before was, that ideally, whenever Opera enters a password for you automatically, it should ask for a quick password first. My idea is that you have to press a certain key within 5 secs, and you only get few tries!

• Check specifically
    chrome://flags/?search=passw#password-manager-reauthentication

Checked that out, and the setting is on its default.
    Disable prompting is disabled, which should mean that it does prompt (how I hate double negatives in things like that, couldn't be more confusing!)
    I did try the "enabled" setting, no change to the behaviour.
    🙂

• The prompt comes up for me on Win10, fwiw.

• The prompt comes up for me on Win10, fwiw.

Same for me. Do you have to enter your OS password to gain acceas to your desktop?

• Like I said, it does not ask for password before revealing passwords

Do you need to use your OS password to access your OS desktop?

If yes, did yiu reinstall Opera after have created a OS password?

• Same for me. Do you have to enter your OS password to gain acceas to your desktop?

Yep.

• Yep.

So maybe it depends on how you access your desktop for the password to be asked or not.

• No, because I have specially set a OS password, restarted, but still Opera does not ask for it before revealing!?

• No, because I have specially set a OS password

But you need to type it to login into your desktop?

estarted, but still Opera does not ask for it before revealing!

After a reinstall? Maybe Opera only gets the info when being installed.