Tested this behavior in Opera 22.
Steps to reproduce
- Download "Clockres.exe" from Windows Internals (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897568) to view timer interval.
- Close other browsers including Opera if running.
- Open Clockres.exe in cmd.exe and note down the Current timer interval.(Should be 15.6ms if the PC is idle)
- Open Opera and load any site.
- Note the Clock timer interval, System clock tick rate is increased to 1ms
- Minimize Opera(idle), still the clock tick rate is 1ms.
- 1ms tick rate is left forever (until browser is closed)
The issue has been reported on July 18 2014. No solutions yet.