Posts made by rudrick
Is there hope for Opera? New (old) features long due...Future releases
It's been long since Opera got new major features. VPN, Ad-Block, Reborn sidebar... since then it's been stale~
Dark theme was part of Reborn - as was Snap (screenshot).
What features Opera needs? Is Opera far behind other browsers?
One thing is for sure: Opera runs much more smoother than Chrome. FF announces that FF runs 30% faster & smoother than Chrome. It's not hard to believe. Though Opera runs towards that procent % faster than Chrome too.
What features you'd want to see in Opera? And why? Go further - be elaborate if you will.
What I'd want to hear and read is a bit of long term & short term roadmap of Opera development.
Feature & functionality wise.
Tab stacking might be somewhere in the future (depends much of Chromium/consortium) - but surely some enhanced functionality & new feature hashment should be coming to Opera's way?
RE: Take control of default Google search a bit different... SearchMageLounge
oh yah sorry. you could nove it to forum addons dicussion section too...
Take control of default Google search a bit different... SearchMageLounge
SearchMage - control results!
Find information faster and filter out spam domains.
SearchMage helps you to find information faster and to filter out spam domains that clutter the search results.
- Supports Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu
- Optional automatic infinite scrolling for all supported search engines
- Block selected domains or URLs from search results (regexp supported)
- Simple unified search interface for all supported search engines with date range, sorting, category and profile options
- Supports search profiles where search is limited to your selected domains
- Keyboard shortcuts for navigating between search page results and within the search popup
- Large navigation (prev/next page) buttons and result page links for Google Search
- Optional Load More-button for loading the next page results inline for all supported search engines
- Custom CSS stylesheet support (allows e.g. dark mode)
- Built-in optional Dark Theme for Google Search + Bing
- Favicon support for search engine results
- Optional open link in a new tab button
- Block results in search view by clicking X-icon
- Predictive search results in the popup
- Predictive search can optionally include previously visited sites (history)
- Optional addition of result order numbers to search results*
Chrome 73 Reportedly Introducing Tab Grouping FeatureLounge
*Google appears to be planning some major features for the upcoming version of Chrome. Code changes earlier this week had hinted at a Dark Mode being developed for macOS. Now, another new feature has been spotted that would group tabs together in sets.
Our usage of term “sets” might remind some Windows enthusiasts of an upcoming feature in the operating system that will introduce tabs in File Explorer and group together different applications in one window to improve user productivity. Google’s version sounds a tad similar to this concept. A recent code change suggests that users will be able to organize Chrome tabs into different groups, possibly to improve productivity by grouping tabs belonging to one task or a project in one set.*
Opera 12 Tab Stacking was a pioneering browser feature
It remains unclear how exactly will this grouping feature work since it can’t be just “click on a group of tabs to open them all in a new window” as that can already be done. The above description (via TD) also talks about using context menus for manipulation, so it will be interesting to see how it’s going to be designed in a way that improves productivity, removes clutter, and doesn’t require too many clicks.
The feature is in early development, but, if approved, it would be available for all versions of Chrome, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and ChromeOS.