@ali91 That sounds like an Opera GPU or hardware acceleration issue, especially since it only happens while Opera is open. I’d try turning off hardware acceleration in Opera and restarting it to see if the mouse stops glitching. If that fixes it, it’s probably worth checking the GPU driver too.
Posts made by malcolmparkedhere
-
RE: Mouse sometimes glitch only when Opera is openedOpera for Windows
-
RE: Opera extension page takes me to chrome web storeOpera add-ons
@ghassanopera You may want to check the Cold Turkey installation page directly rather than searching the Opera add-ons store. Cold Turkey uses a specific Opera extension, and it may not appear in the normal Opera add-ons search because it is an unlisted extension.
Try this:
Go to the official Cold Turkey Opera extension page.
Install the Opera version from there, not the Chrome Web Store version.
After installing, open Opera and go to:
opera://extensions
Make sure Cold Turkey is enabled and has the required permissions (especially site access).Opera can run many Chrome Web Store extensions with the proper add-on installed, but some extensions have separate Opera versions because they depend on browser-specific behavior.
If it still doesn't detect the extension, I'd reinstall the Cold Turkey desktop app as well, since the browser extension and the app need to communicate with each other.
-
RE: Lost access to 2FA authenticator and backup codesOpera account
If you no longer have access to the authenticator app and don't have the backup codes, the usual 2FA recovery options are limited. Having access to the email and Google account helps prove ownership, but it may not bypass the 2FA requirement.
I'd first check if the old authenticator account can be restored from a backup (some authenticator apps support cloud sync). Also check if you are still logged in to Opera on any other device, since you may be able to access account settings from there and update your security options.
If neither option works, your best bet is to contact Opera support through the official channels and explain the situation. Avoid posting your email or account details publicly on the forum. Only provide account information through a verified support request.
-
RE: inconsistent tab placement in vertical tabs since the relocation of the new tab buttonTab Islands, Tabs and Workspaces
Yeah, I can see why that’d be confusing. If the new-tab button puts tabs at the top, I’d expect tabs opened from links to follow the same rule. Having them open in different directions depending on how they were created feels unnecessarily inconsistent.
-
RE: GX Mod Store: "Mod type restricted" with splash_screenOpera GX
Looks like a Store-side restriction rather than a problem with the MP4. Someone else has reported the same error with splash screens and other mod features under Schema v2. I'd ask the GX team whether those features need approval before publishing. If it works unpacked and uploads once you remove splash_screen, I'd wait for confirmation before spending more time rewriting the manifest
-
RE: Cannot log into Sync on PhoneSynchronization
Don't reset it just yet. If Opera is still working on your PC, make a backup of your bookmarks and export your saved passwords somewhere safe first. Opera says resetting the sync passphrase removes synced data from its servers, but data already stored locally stays on the device. Unfortunately, if you've forgotten the custom passphrase, Opera says you'll need to reset sync data to start syncing again. I'd protect what's on the PC before doing anything else. Opera's official explanation.
-
RE: Updates Not LaunchingOpera for Windows
@11swans said in Updates Not Launching:
I update, but am immediately told that my update is ready. Over and over again. It's rather annoying. Thjis has been going on for a while. What can/should I do?
That sounds like the update is failing to complete, so Opera keeps detecting the same update over and over. I’d try completely restarting the computer first, then running Opera as administrator and checking for a pending update. If it still loops, a reinstall of Opera may fix the updater without affecting your profile data.
- Opera GX
-
RE: Opera GX keeps freezingOpera GX
@mask-z said in Opera GX keeps freezing:
Since the new update I'm having the issue that Opera GX keeps freezing when trying to load YouTube videos or Twitch streams. It doesn't unfreeze no matter how long I wait. Nothing responds. I have to manually close the browser with Task Manager.
Everything else seems to work, just the video websites seem like causing the issueI’d try disabling hardware acceleration first, since the freezing only happens on video sites. Also test without extensions or in a private window to see if something is interfering with YouTube/Twitch.
-
RE: No grabbing space when using vertical tabsOpera for Windows
Yeah, a dedicated grab area would be useful. The new tabs take up that space, and it’s surprisingly awkward when you’re trying to move or snap the window.
-
RE: Opera 136 crashes on startup on Linux due to old rich_wallpapers preferenceOpera for Linux
@VitPavelka That’s some seriously good troubleshooting. Since you can reproduce the crash just by restoring that rich_wallpapers.selected_id, I’d say you’ve isolated the problem pretty well.
I’d definitely include those exact steps and the before/after selected_id values in the bug report. Opera’s 136.0.6008.52 release did include crash fixes, but the published changelog doesn’t mention this wallpaper/profile issue, so your reproduction case could be really useful to them.
For now, changing it back to bundled/default sounds like the sensible workaround.
-
RE: A bug is happening where I can't seem to look up anything on OperaOpera for Android
I’d check whether it’s just Opera’s AI feature having trouble rather than search itself.
Try a normal search in the address bar first. If regular searches work but AI Mode doesn’t, then the issue is probably with the AI service or that particular session.
You could also clear Opera’s cache, update Opera, and try AI Mode again. If it still fails, let us know what happens when you tap it, especially whether you get an error or it just keeps loading.
-
Some of my website's images don't always load in OperaOpera for computers
I’m trying to track down a strange image-loading problem on a website I maintain. Every so often, the page loads normally but one or two images are missing until I refresh the page.
The site is EMC Industrial, and I’ve been using some of the product pages here to test it: https://emcindustrial.com. I maintain the site, so I’m mainly trying to figure out whether there’s something I’m doing wrong with the way the images are being served.
I’ve cleared the cache and checked with extensions disabled, but it still happens occasionally. The same pages seem to work normally in Chrome and Edge.
Has anyone run into Opera sometimes failing to load individual images like this? Is there anything in Opera’s developer tools that I should check when it happens?
- Opera
- Chrome -
RE: web page doesnt open properlyOpera for Windows
@gailbeales which web pages are you trying to access? Is it the same for all websites?
-
RE: Google as default search engine: “Your browser isn’t supported any more”Opera Browser
@Eric05Bee said in Google as default search engine: “Your browser isn’t supported any more”:
On iOS (iPod Touch 7) the Google option for default search engine fails
Search results page is blocked
https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-opera-touch-iphone&hs=LI3V&sca_esv=7f36cabdb071bba2&channel=new&espv=1&q=Tango&btnG=Search
Oh, pasting the URL into
opera.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/
linkified it to “Enable JavaScript to use search“
That wasn’t the title when I BookMarked the error page.
Un-linkified and chopped into key=value pairs:
https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-opera-touch-iphone&hs=LI3V&sca_esv=7f36cabdb071bba2&channel=new&espv=1&q=Tango&btnG=Searchhttps://www.google.com/search
?client=ms-opera-touch-iphone&
hs=LI3V&sca_esv=7f36cabdb071bba2&
channel=new&
espv=1&
q=Tango&
btnG=Search“Your browser isn’t supported any more”
Learn more …
Upgrade your browser to use Search
In fact, it is almost as though Opera for iOS isn’t even supported by Opera!
No dedicated bug reporting.That looks like a compatibility problem between the older Opera Touch/iOS build and Google Search.
The URL you posted is a normal Google Search URL. Google currently says Search works best with a supported, up-to-date version of Opera, while the old Opera Touch app is a separate product with its own search settings.
Since this is an iPod touch 7, I’d first check the iOS version and whether Opera can still be updated to its latest supported version. If the App Store won’t offer an update, try changing Opera’s default search engine to Bing or DuckDuckGo and see whether those work.
If only Google fails, I’d report this to Opera as a compatibility bug and include the exact Opera version, iOS version, and that same Google URL.
-
RE: monitor flickers when opening up opera gxOpera GX
@Ryouni7 said in monitor flickers when opening up opera gx:
Ryouni7 @malcolmparkedhere last edited by about 3 hours ago@malcolmparkedhere
Appreciate the response, but unfortunately I've already tried turning off graphics acceleration, and the results were unfavorable. It did solve the screen flicker, but it does not solve the "instant" feeling. Also, redownloaded my GPU drivers for NVIDIA, but to no avail; the same problem occurs. I might just stick to static wallpapers for now. Who knows how this problem began in the first place. I genuinely had no issues throughout the years of using animated wallpapers for years.Yeah, I think you’ve narrowed this down enough that I’d report it to Opera. The fact that animated wallpapers trigger the flickering, while static wallpapers work normally, makes this look like an Opera GX wallpaper/UI rendering bug rather than a bad NVIDIA driver. I’d include your Opera GX version, Windows version, GPU, the name of the animated wallpaper/mod, and a short screen recording showing the flicker and the weird tab behavior afterward. Opera has a dedicated GX bug report form for this stuff. Hopefully they can reproduce it on their end and fix it in a future update.
-
RE: Youtube is not startingOpera for Windows
@rtabak I see, graphic acceleration shouldn't be doing that. You should definitely report it to opera directly!
-
RE: Bookmarks and passwords disappeared after browser resetOpera for Windows
Man, I’d be pretty damn frustrated too. Before doing anything else, I’d make sure you’re signed into the same Opera account you were using before the reset. If it is the same account, the sync error is probably the first thing I’d chase down.
I’d also check the old Opera profile on the computer if it’s still there. There’s a chance the bookmarks and passwords are still sitting in the old profile even though Opera isn’t loading them. I wouldn’t reset or reinstall anything else until you’ve had a look, because once you start deleting profiles and files, getting that stuff back can get real difficult.
I’ve lost enough data over the years to know one thing: don’t start throwing things away when you’re already trying to recover something.
- Opera for Windows