Also found, that embedded instagram videos needs 3 clicks before starting to play. And this is with Opera 37.
I've tried here and all started playing at first click.
Yeah, it was due the "disable html5 autoplay" extension. Didn't realise it first, since there's no controls in the video- playback bar etc. And i keep the extension icon hidden.
Cookies etc was cleaned. I also disabled Ad-guard extension, which didn't help. There was one more extension, which i didn't disable- 'Quality for Youtube'. Dunno if disabling that have any effect. I also unnistalled Opera 37 and re-installed it.
Just want so say, that got those Katsomo html5 videos work too (without the user agent switcher). I had to enable Media Source API in flags. Also had to enable encrypted media extensions, since some katsomo videos needs those.
I think all of those options are enabled by default in Opera, but i have a (bad) habit of disabling features which i think are not really needed or necessary. Media Source API was causing some high CPU issues, but now it seems to be fine. I'm on latest stable Opera.
Edit: Oh, enabling EME also enabled own plugin for it (widevinecdmadapter.dll).
Widevine Content Decryption Module
Enables Widevine licenses for playback of HTML audio/video content. (version: 184.108.40.2064)
Just wonder if file "QuotaManager" is safe to delete. I opened it in notepad and noticed it contains entries of some sites i have visited. I have understood QuotaManager keeps track of storage size limits etc..?
Not sure if this is related but I had some issues and errors with Opera checking for updates via the PPA last night, they were short lived. I don't use Windows though so I'm not sure if it's related or not.
That'll teach me to assume. Yes, I was assuming they left it configured as default as they were interested in it updating. But yes, it will have to be done manually if it's changed from the default.
You are technically correct! That's the best kind of correct. X( LOL
Speaking of which. I should write up a FAQ for getting Flash working on Linux.
SOLVED! I was accidentally blocked Opera update on my Firewall. Final post of this topic helped me to solve it.
I think it might be "Your Quality for YouTube" add-on causing some problems with YT video playback. It's also Chrome extension, so might not work as expected with Opera? So anyway, i'm now trying with this add-on disabled to see if the problem still occurs.
If the browser has too high values for "max connections per server" and "max total connections" all images are not able load. Higher is not always better. But i guess those settings are also somewhat system specifics.
I was able to lower the CPU usage by disabling 'Media Source API'. At least with HTML5 videos, for example YT, it helped when CPU usage was quite high at the begin of the videos (and then lowered down after a while). Then compined with enabled HWA, general CPU usage went down some percents.
SOLVED!! FINALLY! After a lot of research i was able to point out the problem to Windows Credential manager, which was not opening due to an error. I needed to delete one file and boom importing passwords worked!