Please, I need help finding files

• I had Opera 12.17 on Windows XP. I have now upgraded to Windows 7. I have my old hard disc backed up, but when I try to find my opera preferences or my mail, the paths that were given on the 'about opera' page, c:\documents and settings\owner\application data\opera\bookmarks and etc. and c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\application data\opera\opera\mail don't exist. How can I find these important files? I've gone through practically every opera folder I can find on the drive, and I can't find them anywhere. Someone help me, please!!!

• They are probably under Users/<username>/application data/roaming/Opera or something like that.

• have you, from opera 12, actually gone and tried to find those files? All I want are the emails and the bookmarks, but they are not anywhere. I've gone through every folder I can find. They must be somewhere else, but where????

• Have you enabled "Show hidden files" option in Windows? "Application data" subtree is hidden by deafult.

• have you, from opera 12, actually gone and tried to find those files? All I want are the emails and the bookmarks, but they are not anywhere. I've gone through every folder I can find. They must be somewhere else, but where????

Consult your browser's "About" page.
    You might've exported/backed up that stuff one day, and Opera mistakenly reassigned the paths.

• Thank you to everyone. I had activated the 'view' for hidden files, but I realized that I needed to activate it for hidden folders. that did the trick.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.