:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

can not set "opera 28" homepage

• Hello all
    I can not set opera 28 homepage, I go into window 7 control panel, you can change it but when you apply and go back, it is the old URL. But then that is ........ (say no more)

I have been on Internet via google to see how it can be done, the instructions are wrong (or missing steps) it must be a older vision than the current 28, that does not have those steps.

I have even been into "Regedit" and changed a lot of URL settings and still the old homepage comes up (than maybe came with the download were you see a matrix of websites that you have been too in the past.

I hope someone can help me before I go mad.

I have even tried going to firefox but when I go off line, it keeps bringing up a window wanting to connect on Internet,

Maybe I do not pray hard enough.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
    Matthew 7:7

From Eric

• There is no "home page" in Opera Blink (Opera 15+). Yoiu can set the initial start page(s) in settings > On Startup.

• That works when you start up opera from fresh, but I still get the same old poop homepage when I add a new tab.

• There are extensions available that allow you to change it. I don't use them myself so I can't recommend one but I know they are out there. Give one a shot.

• That works when you start up opera from fresh, but I still get the same old poop homepage when I add a new tab.

Yep, as i said.

• Just to let you know Opera 12.15 does not have this problem, but the latest opera 29 is a ...........

• Opera 12 and Opera 29 are different products. They share no code. As I said if you want to change the 'Start page' you will need to install an extension for that. Try this one:

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/new-tab-start-page-pro

• If you set the home page in Settings,On Startup . . . and then if the same page is what you want for the new tab, set that page (for your new tab) through this extension.

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/custom-new-tab-page/?display=en

Then every time you click on this extension icon, you return to your home page. I know this works. I haven't tried the extension lando242 provided.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.