:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

How to disable "download complete" pop-up window notification in Opera?

• So..whenever I finishing download a file in Opera (OSX 10.10 / Opera v. 27.0),
    this little window pops up to the upper right corner that says:
    "xxxx" download complete.
    How do you disable it..?

I have searched everywhere on the internet and in the forum and have read the official Opera user guide but couldn't find any real answers.
    I found this pop-up window highly obstructive and distracting and it's almost driving me crazy.
    Any help/answer is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• I cannot be disabled. It notifies you that the download has been completed.

• Opera treats that notification as a standalone page. For example, when I open an image in new tab and shift+click on the image to save it to my computer, that notification comes up. Then I want to close the tab using command+w and this command closes the notification only. To close the actual tab, I need to do another command+w which is very annoying. That notification either should be disabled or needs to be improved.

• This really needs to be addressed. It hinders web surfing, particularly when downloading images, and doesn't make sense in terms of providing a minimalistic interface.

• Since a recent update I no longer receive a notification that a download is complete. In the past I would just click said notification to launch or view whatever I downloaded. Does anyone know to re-enable this notification?

As a work around, every download I have to click CTRL+J to get the downloads tab open and use that instead. Any ideas?

• It cannot be disabled. It notifies you that the download has been completed.

Then maybe someone should code in a way to keep it from popping up. As well as a "clear downloads after they're complete" option.

• Then maybe someone should code in a way to keep it from popping up. As well as a "clear downloads after they're complete" option.

You can do a request in Suggestions Box.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.