password wallet crypto
iceburn75 last edited by
I have recently been using Opera. I have set up the wallet but now to access it it asks me for a password that I do not remember what it is (it is not the secret phrase) How can I recover it or delete the wallet and do everything again.
Miannz last edited by
Hi Friend, you can easily recover your forgotten password by following these steps:
Open the menu in Opera by clicking on the 'Settings' icon in the toolbar.
- Select 'Security' from the menu that appears.
- Click on 'Forget password'.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
tinysnowman last edited by
- Open the wallet window.
- Click on the cog icon (top right).
- Re-enter your 12 word secret seed.
- Enter a new password to secure it on the next screen.
The above worked for me on Desktop.
I too was confronted with a password that I am suspicious I never set. I could use on mobile with fingerprint, but not on desktop without the unknown password.
This password is NOT the same password as your Opera account.