Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Videos always buffering

• Hello,

When i use Opera for some surfing and while watching some videos, they always buffer/freeze constantly.
    The problem happens in Youtube and Twitch. In youtube the image stops for 2/3 seconds and then continues, constantly. In Twitch the problem persist.

I have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed. Opera 24.0.1558.64.

Any help?

• bump

• Maybe your internet speed is slow. Have you tested it? How you tried other browsers with the sites in question. When I go to YouTube in Opera 24, it's always been fine for me. I assume you don't have turbo mode active. It should not be on.

• Have you tried the ppapi flash player?

• Like Lem says, What other browsers have you tried ? Do the videos buffer in other browsers ? For purposes of comparison, it would be helpful to know if this problem occurs in other browsers, that would narrow it down, I doubt it's a problem specific to opera though, possibly internet speeds like Lem says. I have to add though, the last time I used Opera, I had no problem with Youtube videos.

• Hi,

My connection is good and if i use other browsers (forgot to mention it in the 1st post) this problem doesn't occur. I used Chrome and Chromium, all fine with them.

With Opera Twitch is always buffering and has freezes while watching the stream, the same goes for youtube.

@leocg, what you mean by ppapi flash player? I have the Adobe Flash Player installed.

• what you mean by ppapi flash player? I have the Adobe Flash Player installed.

Ppapi is a new plugin architecture. You can download ppapi flash here.

Be sure to download the correct one and to turn off Npapi flash on opera:plugins.