:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

moving from opera to chrome

  • Tired of the bullshit recently with opera dev team i am moving to chrome

    so i ask is there a way to move saved logins to chrome ?

  • Originally posted by Scorpiopt:

    so i ask is there a way to move saved logins to chrome ?

    Ask on the Chrome forums.

  • already did so far no awnsers

  • Well... if you have the Lastpass extension (which contains your passwords and usernames for all your sites), you can easily migrate over to Chrome and simply install it as an extension there. If you currently do NOT have it, then that would be my suggestion - get it. All of your logins will be stored on LP's servers requiring you to move nothing.

  • Personally I have a phobia with Google! If you recall the old sci-fi movie, "The Blob" that's my take on Google. It's an all consuming power that needs to be stopped. Being wooed into Chrome, Google will moniter every website you view! Google reminds me of J. Edgar Hoover and the FBI of the 60's.
    You have already experienced a taste of Google, they haven't bothered to reply to your query. Do you honestly think it will improve if you use Chrome?
    If you tired of Opera so be it, but seriously think before you Google. There are several other options, Foxfire, Dolphin, Safari to name a few. Best of luck.

  • Rather than advise him based upon your own paranoia, it's probably better to just address his question... which you failed to do.

  • using last pass then

    a few answers from what has been said:

    - i tried and disliked firefox , same with safari
    - i have been using opera since version 4 ( even bought a license back then ) it has been my main browser since that time. The fact that new team refuses to listen to feedback ( basically behaving like kids bla bla bla cant hear you), wastes time and resources on features no one asked for instead of restoring functionality . focusing on a Qab instead of prioritizing a proper bookmark function wen everyone was asking for it.
    No proper download management its even more basic than chrome has witch is completely retarded to say the least
    In months since this new version has no real improvement on functionality . Disk usage is insane for a browser i actually had to move the installation out of my SSD ( not to mention the number of processes it uses )
    Dev team is absolutely delusional that the way they are doing things is the way to go
    Has it stands even IE is a better browser than Opera

  • What is your question? You want to move to Chrome and save your passwords. Lastpass will allow this. I'm not seeing the "problem".

  • i wanted to migrate my saved password from opera to chrome without having to imput then manualy again and ordering to save then
    since no one knows if its possible and how to , and wasted time with tinfoil conversation
    i am using last pass at least i can migrate between browsers if needed without having to worry about that again its sucks i have to do it manually but it will be the last time i do it

  • I wanted to move my passwords from Opera to Chrome too. But what my experience has given me is to NEVER base yourself on company service to store your data : just watch Symbian, Opera like Opera Mail, and many others. It will maybe be the case of LastPass, later. Dropbox... Etc.

    So what I have done, is download Web Pass Viewer which gave me all my passwords of Opera 12, and save them in a simple text file. As it is dangerous to do so, I have then hide the text file and renamed it, and crypted it with a very simple but hard to crack text file crypter.

    Now, I save all my passwords in a text file. Just like in old times when people wrote their personnal things in a old book.

  • The best place to store passwords is the brain. Your own, of course.

  • Let's be realistic about this. On average, most have a few dozen sites requiring passwords. If pw are to be reasonably secure they need to be uniquely different from site to site AND they need to contain lettters (both caps and non), numbers and symbols. To try and store all of that in one's brain is nigh to impossible. The only viable method is by using a manager. Dashlane and Lastpass offer free versions and then there are others like Keypass. If you don't trust the cloud to store them, then surely a manager like Keypass should do the trick. Writing them down in a book is insecure since the book can be lost or stolen and will be inconvenient across devices. A manager solves all of those problems. In this day and age, everyone should be using some sort of pw manager and changing his pw on a fairly regular basis.

  • yeah noticed its consuming has much has opera witch on a laptop is just ridiculous
    fucking hell finding a proper replacement for 12.16 is a pain

  • Originally posted by leushino:

    On average, most have a few dozen sites requiring passwords. If pw are to be reasonably secure they need to be uniquely different from site to site AND they need to contain lettters (both caps and non), numbers and symbols. To try and store all of that in one's brain is nigh to impossible. The only viable method is by using a manager.

    Well, i never followed much that line. I think that it's better to have a few (or some) really good passwords and/or password patterns and ramdomly use them.

  • Originally posted by Scorpiopt:

    Tired of the bullshit recently with opera dev team i am moving to chrome

    you shouldn't switch to half assed Alpha product in 1st place
    why do they dumping 16,17,18,19 & 20 is beyond me when 15 wasn't finished at all

    its like selling every little new model of car starting with 1 wheel, then 2 wheels, then 3...
    then 1 seat, then 2 seats... hilarious

  • Originally posted by greekonsun:

    its like selling every little new model of car starting with 1 wheel, then 2 wheels, then 3...
    then 1 seat, then 2 seats... hilarious

    Your analogy fails. What "is" hilarious is the fact that many users here believe they are being forced to update. You can remain with v.12 or v.11 for that matter until such time as either no longer works due to incompatibility with websites. Security updates are being provided for v.12. If you don't like the new Blink browser... don't use it. Really, it's as simple as that. Opera has made a business decision whether you or I happen to agree or disagree and the company is moving forward as quickly as possible. Once again, if you don't like it, then find another browser or stay with whatever Presto version you currently have.

  • Originally posted by leushino:

    ... If you don't like the new Blink browser... don't use it. Really, it's as simple as that. Opera has made a business decision whether you or I happen to agree or disagree and the company is moving forward as quickly as possible. Once again, if you don't like it, then find another browser or stay with whatever Presto version you currently have.

    For some bizarre reason, that has to be the hardest thing in the world to get across. And for software that's completely free of charge, of all things!

  • Originally posted by blackbird71:

    Originally posted by leushino:

    ... If you don't like the new Blink browser... don't use it. Really, it's as simple as that. Opera has made a business decision whether you or I happen to agree or disagree and the company is moving forward as quickly as possible. Once again, if you don't like it, then find another browser or stay with whatever Presto version you currently have.

    For some bizarre reason, that has to be the hardest thing in the world to get across. And for software that's completely free of charge, of all things!

    Indeed. But you know, there are times that I sincerely believe many of these protesters know all too well what the score is but it plays to their agendas to claim otherwise.

  • Originally posted by Scorpiopt:

    using last pass then

    a few answers from what has been said:

    - i tried and disliked firefox , same with safari
    - i have been using opera since version 4 ( even bought a license back then ) it has been my main browser since that time. The fact that new team refuses to listen to feedback ( basically behaving like kids bla bla bla cant hear you), wastes time and resources on features no one asked for instead of restoring functionality . focusing on a Qab instead of prioritizing a proper bookmark function wen everyone was asking for it.
    No proper download management its even more basic than chrome has witch is completely retarded to say the least
    In months since this new version has no real improvement on functionality . Disk usage is insane for a browser i actually had to move the installation out of my SSD ( not to mention the number of processes it uses )
    Dev team is absolutely delusional that the way they are doing things is the way to go
    Has it stands even IE is a better browser than Opera

    I completely agree. I have been a loyal Opera fanboy since 2006. It had the best features, new tabs opened to the end of the list, bookmarks were snappy and sortable even on the menu access, it was perfect. It could handle my 4000+ bookmarks without an issue. The whole experience was perfect. Sure a few sites did not work well with it but I could handle that, because the over all experience was great. Now that they have had to make Opera from scratch I feel like they are not listening to anyone but themselves. We want bookmarks, they give us a farty little bookmark bar which is about the same thing as having a few websites on the speed-dial. Tabs are still messed up and opening next to the tab you opened it from. You close a tab when you have 30+ tabs open and you have NO IDEA what tab you were previously on because instead of it going back to the tab you were on previously you are now on what ever is the tab next to the one you closed. Opera is crap these days. I waited for months to give the developers a chance to, oh I don't know, DEVELOP Opera. I see zero progress.

    Opera is not Opera, it is a cut down version of Chrome with an Opera logo. Garbage. I want my Opera back so much because I do not like chrome, but at the moment Chrome is the only browser I can actually use. I have to keep closing tabs because it sucks all my memory away. I never had that issue with Opera in the old days, I could have 45 tabs open and use up 2 GB of ram. Now I can easily do that on Chrome with 25 tabs.

    Give me Opera back.

  • As someone else pointed out: the train has already left the station. You won't get back your old Opera so either learn to live with that fact (i.e. stick with an older Presto version or adopt the newer Blink version) OR download and use another browser but stop going from thread to thread wasting our time with pointless rants. As you were told elsewhere, this is a Help not Rant forum.

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.