Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

How do I do bookmarks???

• I have downloaded Opera multiple times after multiple updates, I have emailed Opera Support, I have tweeted messages to Opera Support twice, and I have painfully scrutinized every aspect I could find of the Opera for Android browser app. I just CANNOT figure out how to access bookmarks or even just to bookmark a page.

PLEASE!!! HELP ME! I'M ABOUT TO GO INSANE!!!

(Note: I'm already clearly insane, so just help me out to prevent any further damage. Lol.)

• There is no bookmarks. You can "bookmark" the page on speed dial.

• But why ?

It does not make sense to have a bookmarks bar but no way to save and manage bookmarks ? Well there are ways around it yeah. Dragging and right clicking edit.

I have to create my bookmarklets on a webpage to drag them into the bar now ?

I'm just asking politely for a little explanation. I know this is probably a work in progress and I really, really like the clean slate it has so far. But we need essential features.

Close on every tab is also a function I would like to turn off. For a tab hoarder like me it quickly gets annoying not being able to select without closing.

• Which bookmarks bar? There is none afaik.

Or are you talking about Opera for desktops?

• Oh yeah sorry that's what I meant. This was a google hit so I guess I was too quick.

I sincerely apologize.

• Oh yeah sorry that's what I meant. This was a google hit so I guess I was too quick.
    I sincerely apologize.

No problems. Btw, you can check the area for Opera for desktops on the foruns. Just click on overview on the top of the page.

• How can I save a speed dial to homepage? or can't that be done either?

• How can I save a speed dial to homepage?

To add a page to speed dial, clicl on the "+" icon on the left of the address bar.

• You can use Opera Beta 25, we have bookmarks there...

• You can just download Opera Mobile Classic and have bookmarks again. Opera does not update it anymore, but it still works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser.classic