Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

The Opera for Windows is Crashing Topic

• This has been happening since I first downloaded Opera GX. Every time I try to start GX weather that's from the icon shortcut, starting from the files, or from the start screen. it always plays the animation for it starting opens for half a second an closes, i get no report of a crash and t doesn't even show upon the task manager that its starting. If anyone has a fix please help cause I really want to use GX,

• If you create another user account on Windows and try Opera GX there, it's likely to work fine. But, not sure why that's the case.

• Please create the environment variable and value OPERA_CRASH_EMAIL=your@mail.com so that when Opera crashes, Opera developers can look at the problem.

• Please see https://www.reddit.com/r/operabrowser/comments/j5fstq/opera_opera_gx_not_opening_or_opening_and_closing/ for what you need to do if you have this problem.

• Is anyone here making use of the Microsoft Family feature (Mircosoft Family & Safety) in Windows (Settings > accounts -> Family & other users in Windows 10, parental controls I think in Windows 7)? If so, that's likely the problem. Opera is being blocked access from running (which causes it to start and close) and you need to allow it in the family settings for each user.

See the edit in this post for more info.

• @burnout426 ага

• This post is deleted!
  • our version of Windows

Your version of Opera Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.150 Safari/537.36 OPR/74.0.3911.154 (be)

If the problem is with a page, a link to it Facebook / Gmail etc

A screen-shot of the problem if it's related to something not showing as should (impossible - it will crash)

A description of the problem, including as much as information as possible I try to attach file - Opera is crashing. Video, photo - problem whith dialog window for attaching.

Steps to (try to) reproduce the issue Do I need reinslall Opera? Or problem has different solution?

Expected behavior and actual one Heeelp)

• Suddenly this evening, Opera now crashes on every other start. In the task manager I find Opera using one whole CPU core, with no disk access, and no change in the amount of memory in use. I also see "opera crash reporter" running, but nothing is displayed on the screen. If I kill Opera and start it again it works. Then crashes the following time. Is it trying to do an update or something?

EDIT: I've discovered it's actually crashing on EXIT. Hence:

1. Successfull start.
    2. Close Opera, I can't see it's still running but crashed.
    3. Open Opera, nothing happens.
    4. Kill in task manager.
    5. Start normally.
    6. Goto 2.

EDIT: Version number is 74.0.3911.203
    I closed Opera, downloaded it, thinking I might get a newer one that was stuck upgrading, and installed it. No help.
    Strangely, when I run Opera, I see "Opera Internet Browser (24)" in the task manager, expanding this, I see the crash reporter running (before it's crashed!) and 23 instances of Opera. Is that normal?

• So, restarting the computer didn't help, yet leaving it overnight did? Another oddity, while it was doing the crashing, my browsing history was empty, yet menu, history, recently closed was ok. And now all the history is back.

I must admit it's the first crashing problem I've had with Opera since it was invented decades ago.