Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera
  • General Opera Feedback Topic

• i just wanted to say, this is the most amazing thing i have ever downloaded, thank you so much for creating and sharing this amazing browser, i would have never thought any browser could be better than boring, but then i found opera, opera makes it feel like im even playing a game as i am only using a browser, this is the number 1 best download iv ever seen ever before! (although, you should also add a youtube icon like the one you have for twitch for those youtubers out there, like myself :D, @AlexPowersHERO) anyways i just wanna say thank you so much, i am giving a 10 star, out of 5! lol, but yeah keep up the good work devs!

• I'm new to Opera and found it to be a great improvement over my previous browser. Kudos to all the developers...I may be imagining it but I made a minor tweak to turn on the wallpapers and suddenly my open tabs look a lot sharper and the theme seems to changing...I like it...the top bar just changed spontaneously.

• @blizzard Forum feedback is used for feedback about the forum; moved to Opera for computers since you weren't specific about the type of system you use. Though if the top bar changes it's probably Opera GX with Razer integration turned on.

• I enabled the VPN... Big mistake.. Did not notice at first... Later when I tried streaming, I was getting 5.7 - 6 MPS. (speedtest.net) Disabled and it went to 150 mps...

• Hello.

I installed Opera a few months ago in my windows 10 machine in order to have an alternative web browser. I use firefox, mainly due to habit and laziness; I've got the bookmarks and extensions already set and don't want to tinker with those in another browser.

Today I wanted to give a shot to Opera (version 75 stable), so I clicked on the pin tile from my start menu. No response. Went to the folder and clicked on an .exe file there, I believe its name is launcher. An error message poped up. I figured maybe windows corrupted the software for some obscure reason. So I plan to uninstall it and then install it again. And here is where things started to look interesting. There was no response from the uninstaller; I tried to uninstall several times and there was no response, no process, no pop up, nothing. While I tried to fix the problem I also notice a ".opera" empty folder in my downloads folder. So I figure I needed to download tha latest version. Once downloaded, I clicked on upgrade, the progress bar filled up, the windows settings opened at the same time and I got the browser running again.

The whole process made me curious, so I tried to check some things here and there, and found:

1. Opera sets itself as the default browser without asking.
    2. Opera started to update without even open the app in months.
    3. Opera creates, without asking, several tasks in the task scheduler, without asking. There were 3 tasks in total, all seemed identical and were aimed to autoupdate the app. Neither firefox nor chrome had created similar tasks.
    4. The autoupdate process blocked the app completely, even for uninstalling.
    5. I wasn't able to find a setting to disable autoupdates. Firefox's got that option.

This behaviour is deliberate, at least the part in which the browser is set as default and the part that schedule tasks. I came here to warn people. This software is too shady and you should be cautious if you plan to use it.

• Recently I started using opera and I have a good experience while using it. Before using I am a little bit confused but When while using I test its features like a built-in ad blocker, battery saver, VPN, etc. I am enjoying now using opera.

• This post is deleted!