Google Search ads are not blocked
shintoplasm01 last edited by
Hello. I've noticed that ads in Google Search results are not blocked in my Opera for Android, even though the adblocker is on and appears to function well elsewhere. Is this a bug or a deliberate internal whitelisting? No websites are whitelisted in the adblocker settings.
- Android version: 11
- Phone: Google Pixel 3a
- Opera version: 61.2.3076.56749
- URL: https://www.google.co.uk/m?q=buy+tyres&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1
- Adblocker enabled
- Data savings disabled
- Steps to reproduce: Set Google as your search engine and search for 'buy tyres' (or any other obvious search terms looking to purchase something).
- Expected behaviour: No Goole Search ads should be shown.
- Actual behaviour: All Google Search ads are shown, both at the top and at the bottom of the page. Interestingly, no Bing ads are shown when searching for the same terms.
friendshipfeed last edited by
Oh yeah, there is a youtube ad even though there is adblocker on, and i dunno why. They are annoying is it?
ney31337 last edited by
you're right, opera deliberately contributes to the invasion of your privacy favoring the biggest privacy invader on the planet, google, if you remove google, facebook, yandex and others from your whitelist opera will add them again after some time, in my view this is a crime, if I had the time I would fight with the opera in court but I already have too many problems to solve, I preferred to code my own extension to block these and other privacy invasions of the opera and its crime partners